16 Internet Memes That Will Be 10 Years Old In 2017
Written by Gavin Lee
Want to feel old? 2007 was nearly a decade ago. Kids that have never lived in a world without iPhones will be turning 10 this year. For those of you who remember when Apple didn’t make anything but those computers in your school library, this list will blow your mind. In 2007:
- The first 'Transformers' movie came out
- Beyonce didn’t yet have a ring on it
- Everyone still loved Chris Brown
It’s insane to think that we’re soon going to be in the 20’s again. The internet has come so far during our lifetimes, and we have a huge directory of memes at our disposal.
Here are some memes you may not believe are 10 years old in 2017:
1. Miss Teen USA South Carolina - When this young beauty pageant contestant was hit with the hard hitting question ‘Why can’t one fifth of Americans locate the USA on a map?’, she responded with forty seconds of absolute nonsense, stringing along seemingly random words. Miss Caitlin Upton is now a real estate agent in California.
2. I Like Turtles - Another amazing answer from 2007, young Jonathan was asked about his face paint, but responded ‘I like turtles’. It spread across the internet immediately, and has over 54 million hits on YouTube.
3. Green Man - On an episode of ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’, the gang goes to a Philadelphia Eagles game where Charlie wears a neon green lycra suit over his whole body. The look was so popular that it still shows up at sporting events all over the world.
4. Leave Britney Alone - In September, 2007 YouTuber Chris Crocker put on a wig and delivered a weeping plea to the masses to leave singer Britney Spears alone and it blew up. It was parodied hundreds of times and was part of the early boom of reaction videos. A meme was born, and Crocker launched a career.
Click on the ‘Next Page’ to continue reading. What are your thoughts on this so far? Let us know what you think and make sure to SHARE this post with all of your Facebook friends.