People come in all different shapes and sizes. There are some that completely tower over the rest of us. Standing at lofty heights, some of the tallest men in the world include:
- Robert Wadlow (8 ft 11.1 in),
- John Rogan (8 ft 8 in),
- John F. Carroll (8 ft 7 ¾ in),
- Leonid Stadnyk (8 ft 5.5 in).
Men aren’t the only ones who hold records for their tallness, some women throughout history have reached incredible heights. While loftiness has been an advantage for some, it’s been a curse for others.
Here are 10 of the tallest women in the world.
10. Heather Greene (6 ft 5.5 in). Towering over her classmates, Greene reached her peak height when she was only 15 years old. Embracing her height, Greene has made a living thanks to her unusual height.
Originally from Holland and now residing in Las Vegas, Greene will often don pumps to make herself even taller, capitalizing off the attention her height has received with her website Heather Haven.
9. Rita Miniva Besa (6 ft 8 in). Besa’s lofty height prompted her to move from Zimbabwe to the United States to pursue basketball.
Besa’s tall stature has proven to be quite the advantage. It landed her a place on a reputable basketball team.
Click ‘NEXT PAGE’ for more of the tallest women in the world. Comment to let us know what you think and if you found this story interesting, make sure to SHARE this post with all of your friends on Facebook.