Although most of the Hollywood stars we see on the big screen are known for their acting work, some of these entertainers actually started out in a different field – sports. For example:
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Jason Statham
They’ve saved the world time and time again on the big screen in major ‘blow ‘em up’ blockbusters.but before they were heroes, they were athletes.
Here are some famous actors that you may not have realized, were actors before making their way to the entertainment world.
1) Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson. Yes, Johnson first rose to fame as the ‘People’s Champion’ The Rock, one of the most popular WWE wrestlers of all time. However, his athletic career actually began before that. Johnson played defensive for the Miami Hurricanes before turning pro with the Calgary Stampeders in the Canadian Football League.
2) Arnold Schwarzenegger first gained fame as perhaps the greatest professional bodybuilder of all time. At 20 years-old he won the Mr. Universe championship and from there earned himself seven Mr. Olympia titles as well as countless other bodybuilding accolades.
3) Burt Reynolds. If you thought that Reynolds performance in The Longest Yard was convincing, there’s a reason for that. Reynolds actually began his career playing running back for Florida State.However, during his time in college, he was involved in a car accident that re-aggravated an old injury he sustained his freshman year, ending his football career.
4) Jason Statham. These days, Statham is the ultimate action hero but back in 1990, he competed in the Commonwealth Games as a member of Britain’s National Diving Squad.