A wedding is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. It’s a celebration of the love that two people share, often built around the common interests and desires of the happy couple. Theme weddings, unique photos and choreographed dance numbers can all be wonderful and inspiring if done correctly. Some common examples—that you still might not believe—are:
- Zombie themed weddings,
- Village People dance number,
- “Wreck the Dress” photos.
Despite the success of many of these things, some weddings around the world have crossed from adorable to incomprehensible. The mundane has turned to the insane, as people have taken things just a little too far.
If a single snapshot were taken from these scenes, one might think the celebration had gone off the rails. Luckily, that’s exactly what wedding photographers are for. Let’s take a look at some of the most WTF wedding moments ever.
1. This seems like a lot of work just to get a shot of the couple holding onto each other for dear life. Wait, who is taking the photo of the photographer?
2. At least she’s getting some use out of the dress. Who says it’s only for your wedding day?
3. These zombie-themed weddings are getting a little out of control. The cake itself seems so underwhelming when it’s topped with those figures.
4. I’m not sure that’s what he meant when he asked her to “check under the hood”. It’s going to be a long wedding night if she can’t get it started again.
5. He just unloaded a whole clip into the air. The flower girl’s face says what everyone is thinking.
6. If she was serious about it she would be wearing the proper footwear. There is no way those shoes are going to keep up.
7. That is the face of a woman determined to finally rid herself of her overprotective parents. She is gripping the trigger so tightly while she screams a battle cry worthy of an Amazonian warrior.
8. Uncles Karl and Hans couldn’t wait more than five minutes to get out of their suits, and into their…suits.
9. Maybe the doves they ordered didn’t show up on time, and they had to improvise with whatever the catering company had on site. “Just throw these birds, but make sure to catch them. That’s your dinner.”
10. “..for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, health and defense of the Kingdom of Azeroth I vow.” It’s an impressive costume, regardless of how out of place it looks.
11. Now those are probably not exactly the type of handcuffs she was expecting on her wedding night.
12. Perhaps they should have gone for the cathedral ceilings after all. Good thing he wasn’t on a chair.
13. Even if this is staged (which it most certainly is), it is still a super weird way to pose your bridal party. Why is one guy just looking at the camera with a bottle of champagne in his hand?
14. He’s just coming over to wish them a happy life together. Everyone loves being hugged by wet, mostly-naked men during their wedding photos.
15. That is some commitment to the job. Hopefully she’s not reporting on something that happened at her own wedding.
16. There is so much to look at here. The happy couple, Elvis being back from the dead, Tin Man looking for his heart in the mud. There is no explanation for this photo.
17. This photo gives a whole different meaning to the idea of getting married in a castle. Let’s be honest though, everyone wants White Castle to cater their wedding.
18. Those are very unique and beautiful outfi—wait, what are they made out of?! How did they decide to go with the all-condom look?
19. This photo has been dubbed “the fastest divorce ever” on the internet. How about we see the photo just five seconds later, where she is slapping him across the face.
20. This looks like a Mad Libs version of wedding photos. Crown-bread-death-fur, and suddenly you have made history with your inexplicable picture.