For couples, everyday life can become quite the story to tell. An Israeli couple decided to do exactly that, through a series of illustrations that depict their life together. Yehuda Devir, along with his talented wife Maya, bring you the comic series “One Of Those Days” based on their real-life moments.
From highlights to their struggles, the talented couple brings their domestic tale to life through meticulous illustrations. “My inspiration is my everyday life with my wife,” Yehuda told Bored Panda. The collaborated comics give us a glimpse into the lives of the couple, resembling the highs and lows that relationships are comprised of.
“The art scene in Israel is really growing and I’m proud to be a part of a community of talented and unique artists in my homeland,” Yehuda stated. This is the cohesive creation that the Israeli couple masterfully produced.
1. This illustration depicts the silly moments that couples share when they’re observing their bodies before the day ahead. At times, it can be alarming, but sometimes, we find the light in it.
2. Here, we see Maya plucking out Yehuda’s grey hairs, and having quite the good time doing so. This is something that many men have had to sit through and endure!
3. One washroom between you and your partner can be tough. This illustration shows exactly that, as Maya is anxiously banging on the door, awaiting her turn.
4. Sharing with your partner can be challenging. Here, we see the struggle of having to weather the storm under one shared umbrella.
5. Your partner can be a helping hand in a time of need. For those difficult places to reach, you can have each other’s back, literally.
6. Couples can be competitive at times. Though you each may have your own talents, it’s natural to try and outdo each other, and aim to impress. In this illustration, we see Yehuda try to mimic Maya’s painting, and receives praise for his effort.
7. Your partner can sometimes be a pain, literally. Tossing and turning in bed, you may end up bumping heads. In this image, we see Yehuda leaning on Maya’s hair, while she’s in noticeable discomfort.
8. When it comes to shopping together, it’s nice to have a helping hand. We each can carry different amounts, and in this illustration, we see Yehuda trying to be a gentleman and lessen the load for Maya.
9. As couples mature, partying becomes less of a priority. In this drawing, we see Yehuda and Maya comfortably passed out at home at midnight on New Year’s Eve, enjoying each other’s company.
10. Driving with your partner can be an entertaining time. Sometimes, you can’t help but break out into a lively duet, and in this illustration, Yehuda and Maya are enjoying exactly that.
11. Naturally, there will be days where you need to take care of your loved one. No matter how much they try resisting, it’s important to be there and ensure they get the rest they need. Here, we can see Yehuda taking care of Maya, who tried to resist and insist she could still work.
12. Taking turns can be tricky when you share the same interests. Here, we can see Maya hogging the remote control car, with Yehuda persistently trying to get his turn!