We all use toothpaste on a daily basis to clean our teeth, but what if I told you that toothpaste can also be used for a whole boatload of other things?
From cleaning stains to removing scratches on furniture, toothpaste can actually come in pretty handy sometimes and help with things around the house. You might never expect toothpaste of all things to come in handy in so many situations, but you’d be surprised.
Here are 10 awesome toothpaste life hacks.
1. If you have kids or are around kids a lot, you probably know that they just love to color over absolutely anything when they get their hands on crayons or markers…especially walls.
Well, there’s a solution for those pesky stains, and it’s toothpaste! If you’re having trouble cleaning off the stains on your wall or furniture, smooth some toothpaste over the stain and use a toothbrush to brush it off. The toothpaste will get the stain right off!
2. Are your sneakers looking dirty and worn out? This can happen a lot with sneakers, especially if they’re white.
Well, just like toothpaste can help remove stains from walls and furniture, it can also help remove stains from your shoes. If you rub some toothpaste on your sneaker and brush it with a toothbrush, it will whiten it right up and make it look brand new!
3. Dried up, sticky gum seems impossible to remove, especially if it’s on a wall or piece of furniture.
To remove dried up gum easily, smear some toothpaste on it and rub it into the gum. Grab a ruler or something with a sharp edge and flatten out the toothpaste over the gum. Once it dries it should be a bit easier to remove the gum.
4. If you accidentally touch a hot surface or the wick of a lit candle, you can use toothpaste to soothe the skin.
Toothpaste will soothe the burn, but remember that this should only be done for very minor burns. Never treat a bad burn with anything before consulting a doctor.
5. If you don’t want to end up like George Costanza’s fiance on Seinfeld (for those of you who don’t know, she died after licking poisonous envelopes), you’ll love this toothpaste life hack.
Instead of licking an envelope to close it, just smear some toothpaste on it instead. You’ll never have to suffer the same demise that Susan did.
6. If you’ve ever accidentally gotten a pack of matches wet, you know that no matter how much you try to dry them, they will never light. Well, there’s a life hack that can solve that, and all you need is toothpaste.
Smear toothpaste on the wick of a match. If the match gets wet, all you have to do is wipe it dry with a Kleenex or cloth. Once you’ve wiped it down, try to light it. It will light right up!
7. Do you have any scratches on your furniture or floors?
Smear some toothpaste over the scratches and rub it in with a Kleenex or cloth. This will remove the scratch. Keep in mind that this won’t work for major scratches, but will work like a charm for any minor scratch.
8. Use toothpaste to fix have minor scratches on the screen of your phone.
Rub the toothpaste on the screen and use a Kleenex or cloth to remove the toothpaste. The toothpaste will remove the scratches and leave your phone looking brand new! Just be sure not to get your phone wet, and make sure you clean off all the toothpaste.
9. Just like toothpaste can fix minor scratches on your furniture or on your phone, it can also remove scratches from CDs or DVDs.
All you have to do is rub some toothpaste onto a CD or DVD. Make sure you rub it over all the scratches. Once you wipe off the toothpaste you’ll notice that the scratches have disappeared.
10. Are any of the appliances in your home rusty and dirty? Grab some toothpaste and rub it on the rusty stains.
Grab a sponge, cloth or even a spare toothbrush and rub the toothpaste in. Wipe it down with a cloth and the rust will come right off.