Think of the most clever family photo you’ve ever seen, and then picture all the failed attempts that must have happened to get them to that point. Luckily, the internet never forgets the fails (or anything for that matter). If you were to guess the content of the most awkward family photos of all-time, your mind would probably race to three things:
- Unnecessary nudity,
- Inclusion of pets,
- Terrible outfits.
You wouldn’t be wrong, those are indeed the three things that are the worst offenders in this list, but there are some others that just can’t be left out.
Here are some of the worst family photos of all-time:
1. Young children are never easy to photograph together, since their attention is drawn away so quickly. But these three have a common feeling about what would have been a beautiful picture.
2. Alright Dad, what made you think we wouldn’t be able to see your hands?
3. This is hard to even focus on, but there is so much going on here. From the tiny little one in the middle, to the turtle-necked patriarch, this is just a whole pile of awesome.
4. Aw, what an adorable picture! If only the child wasn’t completely horrified.
5. “No Sharon, it’s Sunday and I have tomorrow off, I’m not putting a shirt on. I went to church, now this is my time.”
6. What, what is this?! Did the mall Santa Claus just sneak into this photo while on his lunch break, or was it intentionally posed to make him look like a stalker?
7. “Alright, on the count of three everyone blink. I will then snap the picture right after so we all have our eyes open.” “Wait, one-two-three-blink? Or one-two-blink?”
8. That baby knows that this photo will haunt him for the rest of his life. I want to know how they decided on this, instead of anything else.
9. Maybe don’t try to make your two year old jump as high as her father. It looks like he just pulled her up and let go.
10. Bullet saw the perfect opportunity to get revenge on the youngest for not throwing the ball when he wanted him to. “’Go get it,” he said. “I know it’s still in your hand!”
11. Somehow this makes this photo even more adorable, and the look on her face knows it. She sure knows how to end photo time.
12. This family just has to show off all that technology. The little one’s leg seems exceptionally long for how big the rest of her is, but her face is priceless.
13. There is so much going wrong in this photo, and yet the family seems happy. It might be one of the weirdest things on the internet.
14. The two dogs aren’t even the best part of this photo. The deer-in-the-headlights look on the middle sibling is.
15. “Honey, if we’re going to do this we’re going to do it right. With my mullet, my bow, and us only partially clothed.”
16. That must have been so embarrassing for that cat. It had no part in the planning or posing of this photo, and yet now it’s being displayed to the world.
17. Cute idea, poor execution. Now Mom just has to live down being a giant Pooh for the rest of her life, and she knows it.
18. “Okay, we each get to bring one prop into the photo, and I think you should bring your parrot.” That guy has nailed the 70s adult film star look.
19. This would be the greatest featured artist in history. “The Gothic Clause” is a great band name. Their first hit can be “He Sees You When You’re Sleeping.”
20. It looks like the tattoo artist ran out of room when adding Nella’s name, like when you’re making a title out of block letters and have to squeeze in the last three.
21. The look on that little girl’s face when paired with the pistol is terrifying. She’s way too gleeful while holding it. I won’t even get into her terrible trigger discipline.
22. Not even sure what’s going on here. Are those their monkeys? Why do they have so many? Why are they wearing overalls? Is this even legal?
23. Pregnancy photos can be adorable. This one is not. She doesn’t even get to show her face? That would ruin the illusion of it being a basketball, but come on. That ship has sailed.
24. This is probably the coolest photo I’ve ever seen. That kid has somehow jammed George Michael and Elton John together into one being, and is totally pulling it off.
25. This photo looks like it’s two different images stitched together. There is no way anyone would pose like that alongside his family.
26. Lady and the Tramp were cute when they pulled this off with spaghetti, you two just look incredibly awkward. It’s like two people sharing an intimate toy at dinner.
27. Unless this family owns the local butcher shop, those are the weirdest outfits ever. On second thought, even if they are butchers it’s still weird.
28. Dad is way too into this pose. It was definitely his idea, but it just looks wrong on so many levels.