Summertime is the best time, and what better way to enjoy it than by sprawling out on a beach somewhere and enjoying the sunshine and waves? People everywhere are enjoying themselves on sandy shores and taking a dip in the (hopefully) warm water.
Here’s the unfortunate bit: the beach seems to be a prime location for awkward human behavior and/or interactions. Maybe it has something to do with sitting in the sun for too long, and maybe it’s because everyone is milling about half-naked. It’s hard to say.
In any case, there are few things as satisfying as looking at awkward or strange pictures of people being weird, there’s just no better use of your time. So on that note, we’ve collected a variety of pictures taken at the beach that will have you experiencing a range of emotion that you never thought were possible.
1. First of all: what? And second of all: why? Then again, if we’re all able to enjoy ourselves at the beach, why can’t Gene Simmons?
2. I’m not sure of the thought process that led this gentleman to do this. It’s all very exhausting and highly confusing.
3. I’ll let you decide if this is weird or adorable? Can it be both? A dog is a man’s best friend, I suppose, who are we to judge?
4. This is uncomfortable to look at because it’s a horrible sight and it makes you wonder how long this person must have been wearing these shoes.
5. Here’s another unexplainable picture of people behaving in utterly mystifying ways. Yes, you are seeing this correctly, they bought a pool to the beach. When future generations look back at us, I hope they see this.
6. I mean, you have to admit, this is pretty funny. He also (probably) wouldn’t have been arrested unless he was terrorizing people, which is doubly funny.
7. Absolutely no cares were given on that day. It’s just a sea of umbrella propping rebels.
8. I’m sorry for subjecting you to this, but is that skin or a skin suit? At least the kid doesn’t agree with her decision to be tanning.
9. I think we all look a little like wet animals when we walk out of the water, but this facial expression is unreal. Whoever caught this photo is a legend.
10. This sign is the truth. Show of hands, how many of you have seen people at the beach who were this color? Too many of you.
11. This poor guy is in dire need of sunscreen. I mean, the farmer’s tan is one thing, but that two-toned bald head is another degree of cringe-worthy.
12. Ouch is probably an understatement for this photo. Sadly, it’s probably the only thing she remembers of the day.