Everyone loves their pets. Whether it be a dog, cat, lizard, or rabbit, every pet owner treats their furry or scaly friend like a child. Although most of you only think of chickens in terms of dinner, there are actually a ton of people who keep them as pets, or who raise them on farms to collect their eggs. And just like every other pet owner, there are good times and then there are the not-so-good times.
You’ve heard of pet shaming, right? When owners take a photo of their pet besides a sign that reads something naughty they’ve done or putting them on blast for eating something yucky.
Pet shaming is no longer reserved for dogs and cats, chicken owners everywhere are posting their chicken shaming and they are hilarious.
Here are 16 cases of chicken shaming that will prove that they are just as smart and entertaining as a dog or a cat.
1. Starting off with a naughty chicken who ate his owner’s notes and power bill! It must have been one hungry bird.
2. It looks like chickens will eat pretty much anything. This one seems to have an appetite for cat droppings. That’s pretty gross. Why do people keep chickens as pets again?
3. A bird chasing a cat? Never thought that would happen. I wonder if the kitties fight back or run away and hide.
4. Yikes! The look on this chicken’s face is deadly. He really does look guilty of attacking an innocent rabbit.
5. Sounds like something a young child would do. This rooster looks a bit more house trained than some of the earlier ones. He’s even wearing his sign like a convict.
6. This adorable young chicken has a belly for spaghetti. Could you imagine how alarming it would be to have a portion of your dinner stolen by a bird?
7. Not sure if this is implying that this hen steals the eggs so she can adopt the chicks or so she doesn’t have to lay her own eggs.
8. I find it mildly terrifying to learn that chickens can swallow mice whole. I thought that was more of a hawk or eagle type of thing. This chicken looks super proud of it too.
9. Oh no! This poor hen doesn’t know who the father of her children is. I’m guessing there are no paternity tests for chickens either.
10. Now that’s just rude. If a chicken is inside the house, shouldn’t they at least be toilet trained? I guess it might be a bit difficult to teach a bird how to use the washroom.
11. I guess that’s a start. Hopefully, this chick will eventually learn that you shouldn’t do those things in the same place.
12. Looks like chickens are a pretty messy animal to raise. So many droppings all the time, and everywhere! That can’t be comfortable to live with.
13. I guess that’s not the worst thing a chicken has eaten on this list. And look at that cute face. As long as he’s not chasing other birds for their feathers.
14. What’s the point in keeping a chicken and dealing with their droppings if you can’t at least get some eggs in return?
15. Yikes. I wonder what this chicken could possibly be doing to a child that would result in this.
16. Why just the H? Imagine if the chicken was able to type a message to his owner. At least he didn’t peck off all of the keys. This owner is one of the lucky ones in this list, when you think about it.