When used recreationally, casinos can be a lot of fun for adults everywhere. Many people who choose to gamble, often wonder what kind of casino secrets the owners might be keeping from their patrons.
When you stop and think about it, what actually makes going to the casino so exciting? It isn’t just the allure of a potential big win that brings us inside, there are a few different factors that casino owners don’t necessarily want to advertise to you.
1) Ambience Is Down To A Science: Blinking lights, fast music, flashy interiors, these are all factors that influence the speed in which you gamble. Faster gambling will usually mean that you spend more money. The music of every slot machine is also tuned to the exact same key, to avoid obnoxious noise and create a more harmonious experience.
2) No Clocks: Most casinos in the world do not contain clocks. They want you to quickly lose track of time while entering their building so that you can enjoy the atmosphere without worrying about time, therefore you spend more money.
3) Busier Poker Tables = Slower Game: The more people who are seated at a poker table, the slower a game goes, and more thinking goes into each decision. You might see some casinos with tables aplenty to speed up the games, hoping that you might spend more money. Try to find tables that are busier.
4) No windows: Very similar to not having any clocks located in your casino, many casinos also do not contain any windows. This is to help you not remember what time of day it is, hoping that you stay at the casino for longer. It may also be a safety measure in terms of break-ins, but for the most part, it’s to make the casino a self-contained experience.
5) Interiors Designed To Make You Lose Money: Have you ever noticed that it’s difficult to locate the cashiers, bathrooms, or exits at Casinos, but never the bar or slot machines? That’s because many casinos are designed to make you walk through seas of slot machines in order to get to your destination.
6) Don’t Play Keno: The odds of not winning at Keno are so ridiculously large, you’re better off donating or burning your money than you are spending at this game. Similar to Roulette, the odds are stacked against you with these kinds of games. You’re better off trying to place a large bet at a slot machine.
7) There’s Security Everywhere: Think you can get away with counting cards or hacking a slot machine like you see in heist movies? Think again. There are security cameras and guards placed everywhere. There are even secret and covert security guards hiding on in the casino while you’re gambling.
8) The Occasional Win: The promise of an occasional win will really keep you coming back again and again. The key, however, is machines that let you “win” without really winning much money at all. Very rarely, you can make a big win at one of these places, and if this happens to you, bravo! However, take this as a reminder to please gamble responsibly, and if you have an addiction to it seek help immediately.