More and more, celebrities are ditching their razors and going for a more natural look. Ladies, let’s face it, body hair has always been a contentious issue. Especially during the last few years. It’s a lot of work to make sure we are perfectly clean-shaven everywhere. We do it, even if it means dealing with waxing strips and frustrating razors.
Recently, the trend in body hair is to go for an absolutely unshaven look. In fact, one of the hottest models of 2017, Gigi Hadid, went all natural for LOVE magazine’s advent calendar.
When people saw this, the opinions were pretty split. Some people were all for the celebrity ditching razors, while others were encouraging her to shave. Regardless, people who are understanding should know how unreasonable it is to shave everything all of the time.
Here are ten celebrities who have ditched the razor and have decided to unapologetically flaunt their body hair. Regardless of what people think, they are proud of their body hair and are posting photos on their social media!
1. Over the years, Miley Cyrus has given herself the reputation of being pretty…outrageous. So it’s probably no surprise that she’s the first celeb on the list who has ditched razors and has gone natural.
She’s made it pretty clear to fans that she’s not about to live her life by gender norms. Though Cyrus has received a lot of hate for her decision, she has no problem flaunting her body hair on various occasions. In this particular photo, she wrote, “It’s Friday, and I have pink pits.”
2. Ashley Graham is a role model for sending body-positive messages to women. She has no problem embracing her curvy body on social media. This celebrity has also ditched razors and has no problem admitting to it. She said in an interview with Glamour magazine, “…it’s about your preference and your partner’s preference.”
3. Madonna is the queen of pop, so she’s incredibly busy and has no time to shave consistently every single day. She’s another celebrity who’s ditched the razor and is all about flashing her body hair on social media. This photo, she wrote, “long hair…don’t care!!!! #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove”.
4. People are all about filtering their natural looks on Snapchat, but Bella Thorne decided to go natural on her Snapchat, and that meant ditching the razor. She posted a snap of her leg hair, captioning it “OK fine I’ll shave”. This just showed all women that you can go for a while without shaving your legs, which we all know can be a tiring process.
5. Shaving can damage skin and also create ingrown hairs that can be painful. So it’s generally better if you wait a little longer to shave. Lady Gaga is another celebrity who ditched razors and decided to turn her pit hair into….well…art. Who knew pit hair can look so artsy!
6. Okay, flaunting your body hair on social media is one thing. There are not many celebrities who have the guts to do it on a red carpet. Mo’Nique is one celeb who has ditched razors and decided to look natural on the red carpet for the premiere of Precious. Guess some hair on legs never killed anyone, right?
7. Jemima Kirke is a natural beauty, and I’m sure everyone will agree she looks absolutely flawless in this photo. Everything from her hair, makeup and outfit look like perfection. But what makes this photo even better is that if you look closer, this celeb decided to ditch the razor and leave a touch of a “hairy situation” on the red carpet!
8. Amber Rose is all about female empowerment, being an active voice in that department. She’s known to not hold anything back, posting some pretty raunchy photos of herself. She posted one where she ditched razors and went pretty natural, but the photo was too much for social media to handle. However, Twitter left it and the photo was retweeted over 50,000 times.
9. Like mother, like daughter. Madonna’s daughter Lourdes Leon decided to follow in her mother’s footsteps and ditch the razors and flaunt her natural look. She got some pretty negative responses for it, but her eye roll is enough to show people that she couldn’t care less what they think. Embrace it, girl!
10. Sure we’ve been seeing more and more celebs recently ditching razors and going for a more “relaxed” look, but one celeb did it way back in 1999. Julia Roberts decided to show that women can be stunning with a little bit of armpit hair at the premiere of Notting Hill in 1999.