There are lots of different people who can be classified as a celebrity. Many of which have made a name for themselves through hard work, a little bit of luck, and a great deal of perseverance.
However, some children were born into show business, and often the children of major celebrities grow up to become celebrities in their own right. Many of these children deal with the same hard work and dedication that any person might have in order to make it in the business, however, the luck factor pans out a bit when you have a famous mother or father in your back pocket.
The following 16 celebrities with famous parents might surprise the heck out of you.
1) Bryce Dallas Howard and Ron Howard: Bryce Dallas Howard is the star of many smash-hit films such as The Help, Lady in the Water, and Jurassic World but what many don’t know is that she’s actually the daughter of famous actor turned director Ron Howard who started off on Happy Days.
2) Laura Dern and Bruce Dern: Many people don’t realize that talented actress Laura Dern, most notably known for her roles in Jurassic Park and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, is actually the daughter of the equally talented Bruce Dern who has been acting in Hollywood for nearly 60 years.
3) Jeff Bridges and Lloyd Bridges: Jeff Bridges, most notably known as ‘the Dude’ in the film The Big Lebowski, is also well known for his roles in Tron, Starman, and True Grit, Jeff is the son of the infamous comedic actor Lloyd Bridges that you likely recognize from the Airplane series of films. Jeff actually has a brother in the business too, Beau Bridges who most notably had recurring roles in the Stargate: SG1 TV series and its subsequent sequels.
4) Mariska Hargitay and Jayne Mansfield: Mariska Hargitay has been the leading actress in the series Law and Order: Special Victims Unit since 1999, starring in over 400 episodes. Few people know that she’s actually the daughter of sex icon Jayne Mansfield who starred in many films but tragically died in a fatal car crash. Mariska and her two brothers were in the back seat when it happened. They have few memories of the incident and were left with only minor injuries.
5) Jennifer Aniston and John Aniston: The former Friends star and icon of the 90s, Jennifer Aniston was no stranger when it came to television, for her father John Aniston stars in the hit soap opera Days Of Our Lives in the role of Victor Kiriakis for the past 32 years.
6) Colin Hanks and Tom Hanks: The talented actor Colin Hanks, known for his roles in King Kong, August Osage County, and the TV Series Drunk History, is actually the son of America’s Dad Tom Hanks, who has an encyclopedic catalog of hit films which need no further explanation.
7) Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds: Actress Billie Lourd, known for her roles in American Horror Story and Scream Queens, actually acted alongside her very famous mother Carrie Fisher in the latest Star Wars films. Lourd often sites watching her mother play Princess Leia as an inspiration. However, Lourd is also the granddaughter of famous actress Debbie Reynolds best known for her role in Singin’ in the Rain. The talent has been transferred down three generations. After her mother and grandmother’s sudden unexpected deaths, Lourd mourned but sighted her strength in dealing with the tragedy thanks to the strength from her own mother.
8) EJ Johnson and Magic Johnson: The wildly entertaining television personality EJ Johnson is actually the son of NBA superstar Magic Johnson. EJ Johnson showed off his talents in Fashion Police, E! News, and a guest host on The Real. His father and family accepted his coming out with open arms.
9) Jamie Lee Curtis and Janet Leigh: The amazingly talented and famous scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis, most famous for her roles in Halloween and Freaky Friday, Curtis is actually the daughter of Janet Leigh. Leigh is considered one of the first scream queens after she starred in Alfred Hitchcock’s famous thriller Psycho, as Marion Crane, a woman on the run who tragically stops at the wrong hotel and is murdered by the killer Norman Bates.
10) Robin Thicke and Alan Thicke: The talented singer and songwriter Robin Thicke, best known for his song Blurred Lines that hit the Billboard Hot 100. Robin is actually the son of Canadian actor Alan Thicke, best known for his TV series Growing Pains. Robin’s mother, Gloria Loring was also an actress on the series Days of our Lives.
11) Angelina Jolie and Jon Voight: The superstar actress Angelina Jolie known for many different films like Girl, Interrupted, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Gone In Sixty Seconds, Changeling and Maleficent just to name a few of her films, is the daughter of famous film actor Jon Voight, who starred in classic films like Midnight Cowboy, and Deliverance. Voight and Jolie had a feud for several years that has since been settled. Now the two are regular staples in each other’s lives.
12) Liv Tyler and Steven Tyler: Actress Liv Tyler who starred in films like Empire Records, Armageddon and The Lord of the Rings, is the daughter of musical icon Steven Tyler, the leading man behind Aerosmith. Liv was born out of a brief relationship between Steven and model Bebe Buell.
13) Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn: Best known for her role as the character Penny Lane in the film Almost Famous, few know that Kate Hudson is actually the daughter of Goldie Hawn. Hudson’s father, Bill Hudson, divorced her mother when she was only 18 months old. Goldie and her brother Oliver (who is also an actor.) were raised by Goldie Hawn and her longtime boyfriend Kurt Russell who she considers to be her real father. Hudson also has another brother Wyatt Russell who has gone into show business too. Hudson also has four half-siblings from her father Bill Hudson’s later marriage to actress Cindy Williams.
14) Ben Stiller and Jerry Stiller: Comedic actor Ben Stiller, known for his roles in There’s Something About Mary, Zoolander, Tropic Thunder, and Meet The Parents, Stiller is the son of actor Jerry Stiller, best known as Frank Costanza in the hit TV series Seinfeld.
15) Alex Skarsgård and Stellan Skarsgård: The devilishly handsome Trueblood and The Legend Of Tarzan star Alex Skarsgård is the son of Hollywood actor Stellan Skarsgård. You’ll recognize Stellan from films like Good Will Hunting, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, and Thor. Alex has five other siblings, three of which are also actors including his brother Bill, Gustaf, and Valter. His other sibling, Eija was a model. Their other sibling Sam is talented in their own right. Stellan remarried and had two more children. He then received a vasectomy, stating that he felt having 8 children was more than enough according to the Swedish magazine Hant!
16) Scott Caan and James Caan: Danny Williams who starred in films like Oceans 11, and the tv series reboot of Hawaii 5-0 is actually the son of Hollywood actor James Caan. James is known for his roles in The Godfather, Misery and Elf. James Caan was once offered the title role in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest but lost the role to actor Jack Nicholson.
What do you think of these celebrities with famous parents? Please “SHARE” on Facebook! Click “NEXT POST” to read more Providr stories!