If you think about it, Halloween is a pretty weird holiday for celebrities to take part in.
I mean, they’re basically just celebrities up as other celebrities while other celebrities dress up as them.
Phew, did I lose you there? Every year the celebs roll out the elaborate, funny, scandalous and always entertaining costumes for us on Halloween, and this year was no different. Here are 35 celebrities who won Halloween this year, because like a Lays chip, “betcha can’t eat just one,” except in this case, bet you can’t pick just one because no one is a cannibal here.
1. Demi Lovato as Selena Quintanilla. Okay, let’s start off with the Selena showdown. Demi Lovato had the internet shook when she dressed up as the musical legend in this iconic purple jumpsuit. Everyone was ready to hand her over this year’s celebrity costume top prize when she pulled this one out. Not only does she make a spot-on Selena, but everyone knows she has the pipes to match. But then Kim Kardashian came along…
Everybody needs to appreciate Demi Lovato dressed as Selena Quintanilla. pic.twitter.com/Zfuirwv0jL
— John. (@starboyz1) October 29, 2017
2. Kim Kardashian West as Selena Quintanilla. I’m not saying Kim beat out Demi with this outfit because Demi did it first, all I’m saying is I think the dance moves are a nice touch. Kim looked so much like Selena it’s almost scary, especially with those signature moves she mastered in her Twitter vids. The only person who could beat out these female powerhouses with a Selena Quintanilla Halloween costume is JLo.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) November 1, 2017
3. Kim Kardashian West and Jonathan Cheban as Sonny and Cher. Believe it or not, that was actually Kim’s last Halloween costume of the Halloweekend. Kim had already made a statement dressing up with BFF Jonathan Cheban as Sonny and Cher. The two mimicked the famous duo to a T when they recreated their iconic looks from the 1973 Academy Awards.
Sonny & Cher pic.twitter.com/JMLRko409q
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 28, 2017
4. Kristen Bell as Elsa. Kristen Bell never fails to make the internet smile but we actually have her daughter Lincoln to thank for this one. Bell and husband Dax Shepard are clearly raising a little girl as clever as they are after their daughter forced mom Kristen Bell to “match” her own Elsa costume, even though Kristen does the voice of Anna in Frozen. Looks like Kristen had to “let it go” this Halloween.
5. Lady Gaga as Edward Scissorhands. Lady Gaga dressing up as Edward Scissorhands probably isn’t the strangest thing she’s ever worn. The Mother Monster channeled her inner Johnny Depp as she recreated the famous character from Tim Burton’s 1990 film. If anyone is going to pull off this costume, it’s going to be the “Born This Way” singer.
6. Jenna Dewan and Channing Tatum as Sally and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas. We’re loving Channing Tatum’s enthusiasm and Jenna Dewan is killing it as Sally Skellington. Jenna admits in the caption that the costume was for their daughter, and the Tatums show once again why they’re one of Hollywood’s most lovable couples. But that’s not the only thing Channing Tatum dressed up as…
7. Channing Tatum as a unicorn. One thing’s for sure, Channing Tatum is one majestic creature. Wife Jenna Dewan shared this adorable picture of her husband dressed as a rainbow-colored unicorn to her Instagram story. The couple was on their way to a pre-Halloween party with daughter Everly. As if we didn’t have enough reasons to love him already.
8. Chance the Rapper and Kirsten Corley as Tupac and Jada Pinkett Smith. Chance the Rapper and his longtime love recreated this iconic photo of Tupac and Jada Pinkett Smith and shared the photo on Instagram, with the caption “Happy Halloween.” Chance has always made it known how much he admires the late rapper, and we’re loving this #TBT of Jada!
Happy Halloween pic.twitter.com/rwEwQWwLyw
— Lil Chano From 79th (@chancetherapper) October 31, 2017
9. Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik as The Black Cat and Spiderman. Superhero couple costumes can get tired, but leave it to this couple to make it cute again. Gigi even posted a picture of her beau doing chin-ups in his Spiderman outfit. If Tom Holland ever retires, I think we have the perfect guy to replace him…
10. Steph Curry as Jigsaw, tricycle and all. Cue the creepy music, because basketball player Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors decided to roll up to work as a spitting image of Jigsaw. The athlete had everyone laughing as he stayed in character all the way into the building.
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) October 29, 2017
11. Ariana Grande and Mac Miller as Mugatu and Katinka from “Zoolander.” The pop princess and her boyfriend, rapper Mac Miller, decided to get in touch with their high-fashion inner villains after dressing up as the weird – and evil – couple from the comedy films. It looks like Ariana Grande, who makes a guest appearance in the sequel, wasn’t done with the movies yet.
12. LeBron James as Pennywise. If you thought Steph Curry’s Jigsaw was scary, just imagine a 6-foot-8, 250-pound clown walking around. NBA star LeBron James decided to go as the scariest costume on earth when he dressed up as a replica of Pennywise from the smash hit horror movie, “IT”.
13. Genie Bouchard channeling her inner Baywatch. Another athlete who got into the Halloween spirit is Canadian tennis player Genie Bouchard. The athlete shared this Instagram picture with her 1.5 million followers looking amazing in the classic red swimsuit. Do lifeguards wear runners, or is she headed to a tennis match after this?
14. Gwyneth Paltrow as her own severed-head-in-a-box from “Se7en.” The internet had nothing bad to say about Gwyneth Paltrow for once after she recreated her iconic role, and sad end, in the classic movie “Se7en.” She posted this picture of herself and boyfriend Brad Falchuk to Instagram showcasing their Halloween costumes (not sure what the bathtub is for).
15. Lauren Conrad as Cruella de Vil. Lauren Conrad never fails at making even the most simple costume somehow glamorous and stylish. She does it once again this year posting her fashionable version of the 101 Dalmatian’s villain, Cruella de Vil. Lauren channeled her favorite Disney villain using a faux fur coat, red gloves, and a little black dress.
16. Cardi B as Cruella De Vil. Lauren Conrad wasn’t the only celebrity this year to take on the fictional Disney villain with a love for Dalmatian fur. Hip-hop artist Cardi B, who recently got engaged to rapper Offset, also dressed up as Cruella De Vil and even brought a dalmatian with her! Now that’s commitment.
17. Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, and family as Buzz, Jesse and Woody from Toy Story.The “Mirrors” singer, who just revealed this past month that he’ll be performing at the 2018 Superbowl Halftime Show, shared this adorable Instagram post of himself, wife and actress Jessica Biel, and son Silas, looking like the cutest Disney family there ever was.
18. Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady as avocado toast. This year the model and her quarterback husband decided to dress up as every millennial’s favorite snack for their Halloween couple costume. Aside from being absolutely hilarious on its own, Tom Brady’s face is even more comical in this Instagram post from Gisele, captioned “I can’t resist an avocado.” That’s one way to stay close!
19. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. go “Pretty in Pink.” The married couple who always manages to be adorable on social media outdid themselves by recreating this 80s rom-com. Sarah dons a red wig for her Molly Ringwald impersonation and both their Andie and Duckie outfits are perfection.
20. Will Poulter as Sid from Toy Story. I knew he looked familiar! Will Poulter, who might be difficult to recognize as he looks identical to the bully in Toy Story in this Instagram post, is the English actor from “The Maze Runner” and “We’re The Millers.” Will dressed up as the mischievous character in order to raise awareness for the anti-bullying campaign he’s an ambassador for.
21. Jaime King as Eleven from Stranger Things. Who wasn’t anticipating at least one celebrity to dress up as the Stranger Thing’s character with psychokinetic abilities, especially with the highly anticipated second season being released by Netflix on Halloween weekend? Jaime King does a great job of recreating this character with the signature nose bleed and pink dress.
22. Kylie Jenner with BFF Jordyn Woods as a devil/angel duo. Never far apart, Kylie Jenner and her best friend Jordyn celebrated a low-key Halloween this year, only further fueling pregnancy rumors. Last year the reality star celebrated Halloween by recreating Xtina’s iconic look in the “Dirrty” music video and hosting an epic Halloween party with ex-boyfriend Tyga. Something’s definitely changed
23. Zoe Kravitz and Karl Glusman as Marta Singer and Tyler Durden from “Fight Club.” The “Big Little Lies” star decided to pay homage to the 90s classic “Fight Club” with her new beau she’s confirmed to have been dating the past 10 months. She posted this picture to Instagram with the caption “1st rule of fight club,” along with two other pictures captioned “2nd rule of fight club” and “3rd rule of fight club.”
24. Jennifer Garner as a cat nap. Everyone loves a good punny costume and Jennifer Garner manages to pull one off while looking super cute in a pair of cat ears and paws. With three kids running around, it’s no wonder the “13 Going On 30” actress opted for a Halloween costume that involved some shut eye.
25. Dua Lipa as Lydia Deetz. There was definitely a lot of “Stranger Things” Winona Ryders out there, but singer Dua Lipa decided to go a little more old school and throw it back to the actress’ “Beetle Juice” days. Dua Lip captioned her Instagram post, “Living my Winona Ryder dream.”
26. Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima as Bonnie and Clyde. You didn’t think we were done with the Kardashian family, did you? Eldest sister Kourtney Kardashian celebrated Halloween with her boyfriend Younes Bendjima who she’s been dating since early May. Now that she’s finally confirmed she’s dating the model, it looks like this relationship is heating up.
27. Joanna Krupa as Sandy from Grease. No one can resist a good Sandy, not even Polish/American model Joanna Krupa who posted her version of the classic character to Instagram with the caption, “I was never into Halloween as a child but the older I get I see how much fun it can be.” We agree!
28. Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade as Milli Vanilli. Actress Gabrielle Union and her NBA player husband Dwayne Wade didn’t just share a picture of their Milli Vanilli Halloween costume this year – they also gifted everyone with a video! The actress captioned the hilarious video “Lost rehearsal footage of Milli Vanilli.” Looks pretty legit to me.
29. Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest as Ryan Seacrest and Kelly Ripa. This has got to be a favorite, because who can resist co-hosts using Halloween as an excuse to make fun of each other? Co-hosts Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest dressed up several times on their live show this Halloween, but our favorite has to be when they imitated each other. Comedic genius!
30. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher as a hunter and a deer. Country singer Carrie Underwood shared this sweet picture with her hockey player husband Mike Fisher on Instagram. The couple dressed up as a hunter catching its prey but Carrie made sure to let everyone know Mike isn’t actually allowed to hunt – Carrie’s a vegan!
31. Neil Patrick Harris and family as a circus act. “How I Met Your Mother” star Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka have been blessing our timelines with their adorable family Halloween costumes since their twins were only a year old. The family loves to go all out every year and they did it again this Halloween with a “Burtka-Harris Halloween Carnival of Curiosities!”
32. Kim Kardashian West and Kourtney Kardashian as Madonna and Michael Jackson. Kim Kardashian couldn’t get enough of Halloween this year as the reality star, alongside sister Kourtney, recreated Michael Jackson and Madonna’s famous looks at the 1991 Academy Awards. This is one of four costumes the “Keeping Up with the Kardashian” star dressed up as this Halloween.
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 29, 2017
33. Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson as Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo. Looks like Khloe and her boyfriend, NBA player Tristan Thompson, are Game of Thrones fans. The “Keeping Up with the Kardashian” star decided to dress up as GOT characters this Halloween, wearing a midriff-revealing Mother of Dragons outfit amid rumors they’re expecting. Is this the reality stars way of confirming she’s carrying her own little dragon?
34. Joe Keery as Harry Potter. We found at least one Stranger Things’ actor out and about this Halloween! Joe Keery, who plays Steve on Stranger Things, decided to go with a Halloween classic and dress up as “The Boy Who Lived” for the 2017 Just Jared Halloween party. He might even have better hair than the real Harry Potter.
35. And for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the Queen of Halloween herself, Heidi Klum dressed as Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” werewolf.
36. As if you were expecting anything less from this celebrity who owns Halloween like nobody else. You’d almost think she invented the holiday herself. Wait… did she?