With a team of makeup artists and fashion designers on hand, celebrities can seem unrealistically perfect when gracing the red carpet or the cover of a magazine. However, celebrities are just regular people at the end of the day.
Social media has allowed celebrities to interact with their fans in a more personal way, which many have taken advantage of. Some have chosen to break the distorted illusion of celebrity culture with their posts and show themselves in a more organic state.
Here are 16 celebrities who posted selfies without makeup to celebrate natural beauty.
1. Sofia Vergara has no problem sharing selfies with her fans even when she’s feeling under the weather. The Modern Family star posted this picture to Instagram joking that her fever gives her the perfect shades of pink cheeks.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow celebrated her 44th birthday with a makeup-free selfie on Instagram. “Embracing my past and future,” Paltrow wrote. “Thank you for the instalove.”
3. Katie Holmes has maintained her girl-next-door charm ever since her Dawson’s Creek days, and she posted a series of makeup-free Instagrams that clearly prove that.
4. Alicia Keys started a no-makeup movement. The singer wrote an essay for Lenny Letter, saying, “I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.”
5. Tyra Banks shared a morning selfie sans makeup to her 5 million followers on Instagram, writing, “I decided to give you a taste of the really real me.”
6. Cameron Diaz used a makeup-free selfie to promote her book, writing, “I’m so excited to continue the conversation because learning you can age well, will actually help you age better.”
7. Carrie Underwood kept it real by posting a post workout selfie. “I’m a sweaty mess, but I’m a sweaty mess in an adorable tank,” the country singer wrote on Instagram.
8. Ariel Winter has become somewhat of an advocate for self-acceptance after finding herself a victim of body shaming from both the public and the media. She shared this makeup-free selfie to show her natural beauty.
9. Hilary Duff has always embraced a minimalist look and isn’t afraid to share her off days as well as her good days with fans. “Worked till 3 am,” Duff wrote on Instagram. “No blinds in the new apartment. Thank God for @jetblue eye mask.”
10. Drew Barrymore is no stranger to going bare-faced and this is just one makeup-free example from when the actress had a moment to herself on a family vacation.
11. Beyoncé embraced a natural look when she posted this Instagram of herself lounging out in the sun last summer.
12. Eva Longoria said “Good morning” to her 3.7 million followers on Instagram with this fresh-faced selfie she took while lying in bed.
13. Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles shared a selfie of her makeup-free visage before going to bed, writing, “No makeup, no nothing. Goodnight world.”
14. 49-year-old Cindy Crawford shared a bare-faced selfie on Instagram, writing, “Getting some beauty rest before my @meaningfulbeauty shoot in Palm Springs tomorrow.”
15. Jennifer Lopez is hiding nothing from her 66 million followers on Instagram as she shared this makeup-free video of her pre-concert ritual.
16.Yahoo News Global Anchor Katie Couric shared a fresh out of bed morning selfie with fans, writing, “Day 3 of @todayshow time to make donuts.” She also added the hashtags #firstmirrorselfie and #lastmirrorselfie to the caption.