The 90’s were a time of innocence, baggy clothes, Tamagotchi and pogs. For those of us who were lucky enough to grow up in the 90’s, we got to experience life before technology took over and changed the world. No social media, no smartphones, just plain old fun.
A large part of what entertained us in the 90’s were classic kids TV shows and movies that featured some of the coolest (or so we thought at the time) child stars. They were cool, they were famous, and they played parts in TV shows and movies that left us with lasting childhood memories.
Have you ever wondered what ever happened to some of your favorite 90’s child stars, and what they might look like today? Has time dealt them a cruel hand, or has time aged them like a fine wine? Here are 16 90’s child stars who grew up to be smokin’ hot today.
1. Anyone who watched Kindergarten Cop over and over as a kid probably remembers the two adorable twins who responded hilariously to Arnold’s question about what their parents did for a living. The twins’ names are Tiffany and Krystle Matara, and although they don’t act much these days, they are still beautiful as ever.
2. Madeline Zima played little Emma Bartel in 1992’s The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, and gained popularity years later when she played Mia Lewis on the hit TV show Californication.
3. Christina Ricci is a former 90’s sensation and Addams Family star who grew up to be more beautiful than any of us could have ever thought.
4. Alisan Porter starred in Curly Sue opposite the legendary Jim Belushi. She has since traded in acting for singing and was even the winner of The Voice in its tenth season.
5. Jodie Sweetin played little Stephanie Tanner in our favorite 90’s TV show, Full House. She’s looking great as ever and even stars on the Full House spinoff, Fuller House.
6. Mackenzie Rosman played Ruthie Camden in 7th Heaven. She’s all grown up, and even did a photoshoot for Maxim in 2013.
7. Tatyana Ali played Ashley Banks alongside Will Smith in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She’s all grown up now and has even dabbled in singing. She also starred as Roxanne in The Young and The Restless for six years.
8. Danielle Fishel played Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World, and if you thought she was beautiful back then, you should see her now.
9. Rachael Leigh Cook starred in The Babysitter’s Club and also acted alongside Freddie Prinze Jr. in She’s All That. She stars mainly in indie flicks these days, and also worked as a voice actor for Robot Chicken for almost ten years.
10. Tina Majorino starred in the 90’s movie Corrina, Corrina and had a pretty memorable, adorable face. It’s clear that adulthood has been kind to her because she’s looking great!
11. Anyone who grew up watching Family Matters can problem remember Kellie Shanygne Williams, who played Laura Winslow on the show. Today she doesn’t do much acting, but she’s still looking mighty good.
12. Reese Witherspoon is probably the most famous actress on this list. She started her career as Dani in 1991’s The Man in the Moon and gained even more popularity in 1998’s Pleasantville and 1999’s Cruel Intentions. As we all know, her career has exploded since then, and she’s still the stunner she has always been.
13. Taylor Momsen played the beloved Cindy Lou in Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Although this movie was released in 2000, she still deserves an honorable mention. Years later Taylor admitted that she never really enjoyed growing up as an actor, and instead focuses her work on her band, The Pretty Reckless.
14. Some of you may not recognize Jurnee Smollett, who starred as Jordee Jerrico on On Your Own, which stopped halfway through its second season. She also starred briefly as Denise Frazer in Full House and continues to act today.
15. Danielle Harris played Jamie Lloyd in Halloween and also starred in 1993’s Free Willy. She has continued to star in horror movies and even came back for Rob Zombie’s Halloween reboots in the late 2000’s.
16. An honorable mention has to be given to another classic 90s’ star from Full House, Candace Cameron, who played DJ Tanner. Today she has reprised her role in Fuller House and still looking amazing!