Children are compelling, interesting and often extremely weird little human beings. Sometimes you may find yourself surprised by the wisdom they put forth. Sometimes you might also be surprised by the sheer silliness of their actions, but when it comes down to it they all know how to put a smile on our faces.
Because kids are so young and naive, sometimes they believe certain things or take certain things way too seriously. They know how to completely blow things out of proportion, sometimes taking things a little over the top. When this happens, it can be pretty cute…and truth be told, it’s always pretty hilarious.
Here are 20 children who took things way, way too literally.
1. This dad was fixing his computer when his son approached him with his Sonic the Hedgehog plush toy, telling him that it would help his computer go faster. How cute is that?!
2. This kid is taking these two water fountains very, very seriously, as if they are works of art at the Louvre.
When his teacher said it was bring your fish to school day, I don’t think this is what she meant.
When I was a kid, I literally thought that “toasting” to someone meant that you ate toast to congratulate them. This little girl seems to be on the same wavelength as me.
5. This is what happens when you tell your child to only eat half of the grapes if he or she is not very hungry. Well, at least they listened, right?
6. I’m not sure this is what this little boy’s dad meant when he told his son to “keep his eye on the ball.”
7. This picture is actually pretty adorable. This kid took this test way too seriously and ended up naming the shapes with actual names. Hey, can’t blame her for trying!
8. Warren clearly has this whole life thing figured out, and he’s not ashamed to admit it.
9. This kid may or may not have completely guessed the answer to this question, but at least he was clever about it!
10. I don’t think this is what his mom meant when she told him to go play outside.
11. When you’re giving instructions to your kid to put a jar of water in the dog’s bowl, you better be pretty specific or this might happen.
12. This is the kind of kid who will grow up to be too smart for his own good. He better watch out, though, because sometimes cleverness can land you into lots of trouble.
13. Well, he’s not wrong, right? And it looks like this kid even got the extra bonus mark for his answer! I guess sometimes it pays off to take risks in life, right?
14. When the instructions on your deodorant say that you have to spray it 15 centimeters away from your skin, you better believe that this girl will follow those instructions to a tee.
15. Next time you tell your daughter to place her shoes by the front door, be specific.
16. When your grandfather is about to sit you down and read you a bedtime story, you better grab all your gear and be prepared.
17. I really don’t think this is what mom meant when she told the kids not to eat all the strawberries…
18. When you’re baking some amazing goodies and the instructions tell you that you have to place them a total of three inches apart, you better believe that those instructions will be followed!
19. Well, this kid isn’t wrong…but I definitely don’t think this was the answer this student’s teacher was actually looking for.
20. This teacher told her first grade students that they were going to write letters to Santa…I guess next time she’ll just have to be a bit more specific.