There are many shortcuts in life that we would love to have knowledge of. One of the biggest ones is to have cleaning shortcuts or ways for us to save money when it comes to cleaning our homes and cars.
Well, if you are one of these people you have come to the right place. Below is a list of cleaning hacks that will help you save money and/or time.
They may even make you enjoy cleaning.
1. How To Clean Your Broom: All of us have used our brooms to get those dusty cobwebs off of our ceilings. Or we may have just used our brooms to sweep the floor. Either way, the ends of our brooms are always left with fluff and cobwebs. A simple way to clean the ends of brooms is to soak them in soapy water for one hour. Just remember to rinse them off before putting them away.
2. How To Clean Your Exhaust Fan: One part of our homes that we always forget to clean is the exhaust fan. Because we constantly forget to do it, a lot of dirt builds up in there. A simple way to clean out these exhausts is by buying a can of air and shooting the air into the exhaust fan. This will clean out the dust that has accumulated in there.
3. How To Clean Your Iron: We have all been there when we go to iron an article of clothing only to be left with it still having wrinkles. These wrinkles are caused by dirt that has gathered on the iron blade. In order to clean that dirt off, place your hot iron on a pile of salt, and swirl it around a couple times. This will make your old iron look brand spanking new.
4. How To Clean Your Couch: The most important piece of furniture in our homes is our couch. It’s where we, and our guests, spend most of our time. That’s why it’s super important to make sure there is no dirt on the couch before we use it. To ensure you’re cleaning your couch thoroughly, sprinkle baking soda on it and let it sit for 20 minutes. This will take out any stains left on the couch and leave it smelling fresh.
5. How To Clean Rusty Cutlery: Our cutlery gets used a lot! And the sad thing is that it’s easy for the cutlery to get rusty and dirty over time. To make sure your cutlery is clear of rust make sure to use this cleaning hack. Place your cutlery in an open container that has equal parts warm water and lemon juice. Let them soak for about 10 minutes and then softly wipe them off for shine.
6. How To Clean Baseboards: It’s super easy for dust to latch onto baseboards. One cleaning hack to get the dust gone and reduce the amount of dust again is to wipe your baseboards down with a fabric softener sheet. The sheet will grab all unwanted dust and provide an extra layer of protection to help future buildups.
7. How To Clean Liquid Messes: We have all been there when someone, or even ourselves, has dropped something liquid onto the floor. If that floor doesn’t have a carpet on it people will take out a mop. But mop no more my friends. Next time a spill happens, pour some flour on it. This makes the liquid clumpy, resulting in it being easier to pick up.
8. How To Keep Your Shoes White: Keeping white shoes clean is a struggle for everyone! It might even stop someone from buying white shoes. But fret no more! The next time your white shoes get dirty make sure to pick up some nail polish at the store. Put that nail polish on a cotton ball and rub the dirty area of your shoes. Watch the white appear again before your eyes.
9. How To Safely Clean Broken Glass: When glass falls everyone panics and no one wants to pick it up. But this new cleaning hack is here to save the day. Next time glass breaks around you, grab a slice of bread and press it on top of the broken glass. This will protect your hands and pick up even the smallest pieces.
10. How To Remove Scum From Your Shower Head: A dirty shower head means a dirty shower in general. No one wants that. One way to get rid of the scum that forms on your shower head is to tie a bag filled with white vinegar around it. Leave the bag overnight and the next morning you will have a sparkling shower head.
11. How To Fastly Clean Your Blinds: When we clean our homes we usually head over to the blinds and are horrified at what we see. There are thick clumps of dust that have formed and we know how long it will take to clean them. But if you’re looking for a fast cleaning hack then take a paintbrush and brush along the blinds. This will cover more surface area, which means more time saved.
12. How To Get Rid Of Rust On Cookware: Our cookware always seems to get rust on it. We usually throw them out when this happens but that leads to money wasted. Use this cleaning hack to help you save money! When rust begins to form scrub it with vinegar until the rust comes off. Then put oil on the cookware and place it in the oven at 350 degrees an hour. This will ensure the rust vanishes.
13. How To Get Rid Of Pet Hair: For anyone who owns a pet you know that there is pet hair all over your house. It’s extremely difficult to get all the hair when you clean. But this cleaning hack is sure to help you out. Buy some rubber gloves and damp them with water. When going around your house wipe your glove over the pet hair and watch as the hair disappears.
14. How To Clean Kids Toys: For all those out there that have children this one is for you. You don’t have to worry about how long it’s going to take to clean your children’s toys. Next time they are due for a wash put them in the dishwasher. It will sanitize all of the germs and make your child’s toys look brand new.
15. How To Clean, Cleaning Sponges: We all know that cleaning sponges carry a lot of bacteria so we constantly go out buying new ones. Instead of spending money constantly on cleaning sponges use this clever hack. Place your sponges in the microwave for 1 minute. When you take them out they are sure to be clean. You’re welcome!
16. How To Clean A Ceiling Fan: We are all guilty of standing on a chair and using a duster to clean off the ceiling fan. These dusters leave left over dust and dirt that fall all over the carpet and furniture, leading to more cleaning needing to be done. The next time you clean off your ceiling fan put a pillowcase over a blade. Pull the pillowcase toward you and all of the dust and dirt will stay inside.
17. How To Make A Vacuum Clean Small Spaces: Unfortunately not all vacuums are made to get into the small places of our homes. So if you don’t have a vacuum that is able to help you out in times like these, resort to this cleaning hack. At the end of the vacuum place an empty toilet or paper towel roll inside. This will extend the vacuum and get into all the tiny spaces.
18. How To Get Rid Of Pesky Scuff Marks: For anyone who has had a wooden floor, table, or bed frame you know that it’s impossible to keep scuff marks from happening. Though that is true, there is a way to get rid of those scuff marks. Mix 1/4 white vinegar with 3/4 parts olive oil or vegetable oil into a cup. Dip a cloth into the mixture and scrub at the scuff marks. You’ll be shocked at the difference.
19. How To Keep Your Earbuds Clean: We all have earwax. And all the earwax always gets into our earbuds. Some of us pick at the earbuds to get the wax out but there is a cleaning hack that we should all try. Use a toothbrush to get into the creases of the earbud and wipe them down with a clean cloth. This is a sure way to get all the dirt out of those filthy earbuds.
20. How To Create A Reusable Swiffer: Let’s face it, the swiffer was one of the best cleaning inventions. The only problem is having to continually buy more wipes for it. It can become quite costly. But one way to save money while still using the swiffer is to attach a sock or cozy slipper to the brooms end. When you’re done with it, you can put it in the wash and it’s good as new.
21. How To Get Rid Of Window Streaks: When we clean our windows we are always left with streaks. It makes it look like we haven’t actually cleaned our windows in months. One cleaning hack to solve this problem is to use newspaper. Crumple up a newspaper and slide it against the window after you are done using the cleaning solution. It’s the best way to get your windows streak free.
22. How To Clean Your Keyboard: You would never think that slime was something to clean with. But now it is. The next time your keyboard gets dirty and has crumbs inside the cracks, grab some slime. Put the slime on top of the dripty spot of the keyboard and then remove it. You will be shocked to see how all of the dirt latched onto the slime. Leaving your keyboard clean as new.
23. How To Leave Your Microwave Smelling Fresh: Microwaves are always smelling funky. We put so many random foods inside it and the smells linger together. If you want to clean out that smell try this cleaning hack. Put a dish filled with lemon slices, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and water inside the microwave for 3-4 minutes. After the timer goes, keep the door shut for 10 minutes or more. Once you remove the dish, take a cloth and wipe down the inside of the microwave.
24. How To Remove Cutting Board Stains: We cut so many types of foods on our cutting boards. And that leaves the board with many stains and built up dirt. If you want to get rid of those stains then try this cleaning hack. Place salt onto the board and cut a lemon in half. Use the inside of the lemon to rub against the salt. Once done, rinse the cutting board and watch the stains disappear.
Click NEXT POST to read more stories like this and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.