When the options for a certain product are overwhelming, packaging can be a major factor in swaying a customer. However, how does one make their product stand out from the rest of the competition?
These outside-the-box thinkers have come up with some innovative packaging designs that transform everyday products into something much more appealing. Delving beyond simply gimmicks, these designs also transform the way we use the products.
Here are 16 of the most clever food packaging designs that blow away the competition.
1. Tea drinkers are well aware that the first sip is best after waiting the suggested infusion time. These flowering tea bags are designed to fully bloom when the tea has been optimally brewed.
2. Save yourself from accidentally indulging in a sip of expired milk with this inventive carton, which changes color when it starts to go bad. Finely printed expiry dates can be easy to miss, but there’s no overlooking this invasive orange.
3. Pizza and movies go hand in hand, which is why this box embraces both worlds. The little pizza table doubles as a lens that can be inserted into the box to transform your phone into a portable projector.
4. Eyeballing how much pasta to cook can be tricky, but this packaging makes sure that you end up with the portions you intended from the get-go.
5. Anyone who has drunk a box of wine knows that getting out those final few glasses isn’t always easy. This squishable wine box makes sure that you get every last drop of that grapey goodness.
6. Sometimes all it takes is a little print design to make a product pop. This bread packaging uses a droll little man to transform the loaf into a garden gnome.
7. Park picnic drinkers rejoice! This wine bottle packaging also doubles as two ready-to-use wine glasses. A wine that is there for you when glassware is not.
8. Who says ice cream packaging can’t be macabre? These “Ice Cream I Scream” sticks package the frozen delight in boxes that resemble old school VHS cases for horror films.
9. One way to make bottled water stand out is to completely change what the water looks like. Not only is this spring water black, the bottle reveals a hidden message once the contents have been consumed.
10. Most sushi to-go containers result in a rice massacre by the time one gets home. This creative packaging keeps the sushi rolls together and includes space for the wasabi, soy sauce, and ginger.
11. These tea bags don’t look all that different when they are dry, but once you submerge them in hot water, the goldfish shape takes form and turns your teacup into a fishbowl.
12. The packaging for this milk brand is out of this world. The lid is designed to look like a UFO and the milk below creates the effect of the beam abducting the cow.
13. There’s a lot more fun to be had with a bottle of wine than there is with a bouquet of flowers, but that doesn’t mean the gesture doesn’t have to get lost along the way.
14. This wine label comes with a crossword in case there’s a lull in the conversation or if you need to just kill time before your drinking buddy arrives.
15. Grabbing a slice of pizza can get pretty messy, but this box design keeps your fingers clean by providing not only a plate under each slice of pizza but also a tab to grab hold and avoid sauce.
16. Sometimes you can’t throw your shells on the ground when eating peanuts, this bag comes with a separate compartment to make for an easy throwaway.