If you’re getting tired of reading about Danielle Bregoli, then you might want to avert your eyes now. But this story is pretty funny no matter whose side you’re on.
The instantly famous ‘Cash Me Ousside Girl’ became widely known after her appearance on the talk show Dr. Phil. Whether she’s famous for the meme, or simply for being a rambunctious and rebellious young girl it’s hard to say. But everyone seems to know who she is and some even have a strange desire to meet her.
This includes stars like Kodak Black who featured her in a music video. She’s also hung out with YouTube/Vine stars such as Lele Pons.
But the latest celebrity who got the chance to meet her posted a pretty controversial set of Instagram posts that have some people laughing, and others shaking their heads.
1. When David Spade from the Joe Dirt Franchise met and posted to Instagram about meeting Bregoli, he decided to dish out some salt. I guess he’s tired of certain people becoming famous and successful for no reason?
2. However, when you’re deciding to throw shade at the same little girl who dissed Dr. Phil to his face, you’re probably going to get some backlash. From both her, and her followers and fans.
3. Despite many people feeling that Bregoli is exhausting and spoiled, you can’t really deny the fact that she appears to have gained a bit of a fan base.
4. Before long, there will most likely be shirts dedicated to this girl’s famous line, and her fans and followers seem to be taking Bregoli’s side in this whole situation.
5. In the photo, in which Spade and Bregoli stand awkwardly in a bar in LA called Catch, the 52-year-old actor lightly dissed the 14-year-old, and people aren’t sure how they feel about it.
6. ‘@bhadbhabie is slightly underwhelmed to meet me,’ he wrote. ‘Unfortunately she stopped being famous 5 minutes before this was taken.’
7. I’m not sure if this is supposed to be a witty joke? Or a comment on the nature of fame? Whatever it was, he probably wasn’t expecting the reaction he was about to receive from the internet, and eventually Bregoli herself.
8. Some users thought that it was immature of him to take advantage of a vulnerable young girl. And others began to throw shade at Spade’s fame, one user writing ‘No offence to Spade but you meeting her and the controversy to follow was the only reason I knew you had an Instagram in 2017.’
9. However there are still tons of people who take Spade’s side, agreeing that this is a girl who threatened to fight an adult, bad mouths her mother, and for some reason all of this is glorified.
10. Some Instagram users commented saying that everyone cheers when she’s acting like a tough adult, but as soon as someone tries to put her in her place, people begin ‘crying child abuse’
11. Spade later tweeted that he didn’t think the photo would get that much of a reaction. ‘Crazy how much it got [people] worked up,’ he wrote.
12. The ironic thing about Spade’s post is that he definitely proved himself wrong when he said that Bregoli isn’t famous anymore. If anything, she might be even more famous now.
13. Although fans have come to her defense, it doesn’t look like the sassy teen needed it as she dished out a pretty good retort of her own.
14. It’s hard to tell if she’s being serious, or if she truly believed that David Spade was the waiter, but given her age and attitude it’s quite possible.
15. It’s almost amusing to read the fights that are breaking out in the comment sections of both Instagram posts.
16. Some people think that Bregoli will be irrelevant in a year, whereas others think that she’s going places. I suppose, for now, this is your latest Danielle Bregoli update. Thanks to Spade she’s back in the headlines again.