In a recent report by a meteorologist it was stated that since 1998, over 712 children in the U.S have died from heatstroke after being left in a hot vehicle.
Each year, you hear the warnings as summer approaches: friendly reminders not to leave your children or your pets in the car. But year after year it continues to happen.
A ten-year-old from Texas took action after his neighbor’s 6-month-old baby passed away due to heatstroke. Bishop Curry invented a wonderful gadget that could save the lives of young children who are accidentally left in hot cars.
The device is called “the Oasis.” It’s a square, palm-sized device that would react to the temperature in the car and immediately blow out cool air when it gets too hot. The Oasis is also equipped with an automatic emergency call button that will alert authorities and parents to the fact that their child is still in the car.
Curry said he spent his summer holidays coming up with the prototype and he’s finally submitted a patent for the idea. “I got lots of help from my parents,” Curry said. The family has a number of manufacturers lined up to build the device. Curry’s father even started up a crowdfunding campaign to help further the development process.
Click NEXT PAGE for more on Bishop’s invention and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.