Bray Wyatt has finally claimed his first WWE Championship after leaving this year’s Elimination Chamber a winner. He will now be gearing up to face off against Randy Orton at the upcoming WrestleMania 33. But besides this obvious fact, what other things did WWE fans take away from this year’s Elimination Chamber? Some things fans took away include:
- Mickie James still has a lot of fire left in her,
- The possibility of a John Cena/Nikki Bella vs. The Miz/Maryse match.
After an intense battle, Wyatt emerged as the new champion. The event was a hectic, exciting and exhilarating one, but what were your takeaways from the night?
Here are 12 takeaways from the Elimination Chamber you may have missed.
1. Dolph Ziggler would have been much better off had he turned heel sooner. It’s interesting to see where his role as heel will take him now, but fans can agree that it’s almost too little too late.
2. It’s pretty clear that Randy Orton is more than ready to turn up and fight it out at WrestleMania 33. He went over Luke Harper at the Elimination Chamber, and there’s no doubt that he’ll continue his steady stream of success.
3. The Elimination Chamber proved to be a great night for the women of WWE. They are playing larger, more essential roles in the WWE, and the Elimination Chamber confirmed this.
4. Rumors have been circulating for some time now that WrestleMania 33 will feature a John Cena/Nikki Bella vs. The Miz/Maryse wrestling match. It looks like the stage is beginning to be set for this possible match at WrestleMania 33, considering the fact that Nikki Bella “accidentally” doused Maryse with a bunch of makeup backstage at the Elimination Chamber.
5. Although the WWE has dropped the term “Diva” (and rightfully so), one thing that is for certain is that credit must be paid to where credit is due. When it comes to Nikki Bella, everyone can agree that she has definitely set her mark on the WWE. One thing to take from the Elimination Chamber is that although WWE “Divas” don’t exist anymore, Nikki Bella will always be considered the “last true WWE Diva.”
6. Wrestling fans love to talk about how Natalya hasn’t left a major mark on the WWE yet. But fear not! She comes from WWE royalty, and she’s proven that she has an undying passion for the sport of professional wrestling. She continues to evolve and grow as an athlete, and we should all be very excited about what the future awaits her.
7. Becky Lynch has definitely flown under the radar since losing the SmackDown Championship to Alex Bliss, but she definitely regained her momentum with her win against Mickie James at the Elimination Chamber, leaving fans wondering what could be next for her.
8. So we’re all ready to see Bray Wyatt face off against Randy Orton at WrestleMania 33, but I think we can all agree that the WWE needs to take a new, more creative angle for this match. Something that hasn’t been done before, and one that WWE fans just won’t expect.
9. John Cena is the hero of WWE, and doesn’t really even have a kryptonite. After the events that unfolded at the Elimination Chamber, most fans can agree that he needs some kind of weakness, and that should have been AJ Styles.
10. Carmella needs to get back into the picture, but on a more serious note. Carmella is a huge part of the SmackDown Women’s Division, but it looks like her closest BFF is James Ellsworth. Talk about unlikely duos!
11. The curiosity is eating away at WWE fans: What exactly is going on with Naomi? She unexpectedly won the SmackDown Women’s Championship title, and will be heading to WrestleMania in Orlando (her hometown). Is this a ploy set up by the WWE? Time will tell.
12. Considering the fact that Mickie James has been away from the WWE for seven years, her performance at the Elimination Chamber proved that this veteran still belongs in the ring.