Every now and then, we all like to turn a blind eye to the nutrition facts and indulge in a good ol’ greasy fast food meal. Sometimes it’s out of convenience, sometimes it’s just because it’s too good to resist. Popular go-to fast food chains include:
- Burger King
- Taco Bell
By now you probably have your order embedded into your brain and don’t think too much of it. However, there are some simple tricks that could make your next order even easier!
Here are 20 simple fast food hacks you’ll want to know before your next meal-on-the-go!
1. The next time you order a burger from Burger King, customize it! When you customize your burger, you’re guaranteed to get a patty that’s fresh from the grill rather than one that’s potentially been sitting around.
2. If the Filet-O-Fish is your go-to McDonald’s order, try swapping out the regular bun for a steamed one. The steamed bun is so much softer and fluffier that it compliments the Filet-O-Fish like the regular buns could never dream of.
3. If the prices of bottled water at Starbucks make you gawk, just ask for a Venti cup filled with water. It’s free!
4. Love McDonald’s chicken nuggets? If you’re ordering a bunch, don’t buy them in bulk. Instead, order your nuggets in quantities of four, not only does it end up being cheaper, you get more dipping sauces!
5. Take advantage of the McDonald’s fries carton by folding back the back arc so you have a little area for your ketchup.
6. To get some extra crunch from your next Taco Bell order, ask for your meal of choice to be grilled a second time. Once you experience that extra crunchy goodness, there’s no going back.
7. To get more meat on your Chipotle burrito without the extra cost, ask for equal portions of chicken and steak.
8. No one likes a long line that keeps them from their greasy wonder of a meal. However, going during the rush hour ensures that you’ll get the freshest and hottest meal.
9. A McDonald’s employee revealed on Reddit that if you get a McDouble without ketchup and mustard and instead opt for lettuce and Big Mac sauce, you can get it for only $1.39. Just make your way over to that free ketchup pump after!
10. To avoid potential spills, ask for your Starbucks order to be put in a cup one size larger. This not only gives you more room for cream, it also prevents it from becoming a new feature on your outfit.
11. When you get your next Subway order to go, make it so that it’s horizontal in the bag. This will ensure that the sauces don’t build to one side of the sandwich.
12. It may not be on the menu, but you can get a grilled cheese from McDonald’s. Just ask for a cheeseburger without the patty and for them to grill the sandwich with the buns facing outwards.
13. McDonald’s uses three different kinds of eggs for their breakfast, if you want a real egg then ask for the egg off the McMuffin for your order.
14. Instead of getting a Philly Cheese Steak at Subway, ask for a Double Steak and Cheese. It’s the same sandwich, but it has more meat and costs a $1.50 less.
15. Because they have all the ingredients, KFC can whip you up a good ol’ poutine! Just ask for some fries with gravy and cheese on top and you’ve got yourself a French Canadian delicacy.
16. For a secret McDonald’s McFlurry, ask for the Apple Pie McFlurry. This delicious concoction is a McDonald’s pie blended into a McFlurry.
17. According to a former employee, you can get more bang for your buck at Arby’s when you order two junior roast beefs rather than one regular roast beef sandwich. Get more of the same meal, but for cheaper!
18. If you can’t decide between fries or onion rings the next time you’re at Burger King, just get both! Enjoy some “frings” by simply asking for half french fries-half onion rings and get the best of both worlds.
19. Get two burritos for the prince of one at Chipotle by ordering the Burrito Bowl. When ordering, ask for two extra tortillas and you’ll end up with two burritos. Self-assembly is required.
20. Don’t just limit yourself to the choices on the menu at Jamba Juice, customize your smoothie! Employees have to substitute any ingredient at the customer’s request, which means you can get all of your favorite flavors blended away!