Subscribe to our mailing list

Father Warns Parents About Children’s Toys After Making Alarming Discovery Under Toy Truck

fatherwarnsotherparentstoytruck

For most parents, summer is a time where kids sleep till noon and complain about endless bouts of ‘boredom.’ So, many parents plan to solve this problem by either sending their kids off to summer camp or just allowing them to frolic in the backyard.

But a father from Arkansas has warned against the potential dangers of letting your children play outdoors unsupervised.

Little Judson McClane was bitten by a snake while he was playing outdoors with his dad and sister.

Josh McClane is from Camden, Arkansas. He has a stark warning for parents: make sure to check children’s toys that are left outdoors before letting your kids play with them! This quick check can potentially save your child’s life.

Josh was outdoors with his son, Judson and his daughter Jasmine when he suddenly heard a bloodcurdling scream from his son.

Initially, he thought ‘it was an ant or maybe a wasp’ but in reality, the three-year-old boy was bitten by a venomous snake known as a cottonmouth snake or a water moccasin.

YouTubeYouTube

The snake was hiding underneath the little boy’s toy truck and when Judson went to pick it up, the snake pounced and bit the boy on the leg.

The boy was rushed to the emergency room where he received 16 vials of anti-venom! Snakes like to stay in warm, dark and secluded spaces so any toys that are left outdoors create perfect hiding spots for snakes.

WIkipediaWIkipedia

It has been postulated that when Judson went to pick up his toy dump truck, he exposed the water moccasin which most likely caused it to feel threatened and thus bit the toddler on the leg.

Josh now says that him and his family plan on checking all the toys every evening and hopes his story will provide a warning and a reminder to all parents.

CutenessCuteness

On Facebook, he wrote: ‘please check all of your children’s outdoor toys before you let them play with them! The only way this was found was because the toy had water in the seat! Please share and get this out to other parents and grandparents!!’

Florida Animal ControlFlorida Animal Control

Advertisement

More From Providr