Creativity comes in many different shapes. Some express it through painting, others through music, and some through whimsical drawings or maneuvering of objects. Vandalism has long been associated with gang signs, gang affiliations, and just delinquent behavior in general. But with the advent of political “vandals” such as Banksy, vandalism has taken on a different outlook.
Although these pieces of art are still considered vandalism, some of these are quite witty, while others are just funny.
Here are 28 hilarious acts of vandalism that will probably put a smile on your face.
1. This picture is the epitome of the strength of nature. No matter how hard or small the possibilities of survival are, nature will almost always pull through. Grass will always reach for sunlight and this little patch of grass is indicative of that. Maybe it’s because there’s so much water in that little hole, that’s how the grass has grown so green and vibrant.
2. Bruce Lee has always been known as one of the top martial artists, but for him to come back from the dead and wreak such havoc on public infrastructure is commendable. Or is it deplorable?
3. This picture is not only very well drawn but it could also be symbolic of something much deeper. Maybe it stands for the consequences of not treating your wife well? Or maybe it could be symbolic of a wife mistreating her husband even though he is hard at work (indicated by the suit.)
4. This one is just straight up funny. I guess no one is using that washroom unless they’re a mutant.
5. Does public indecency apply to animated figures too? Or is it only humans? Seems like he needs a little more fiber in his diet if he’s struggling like that.
6. I can appreciate simple artwork like that. No need for fancy art utensils or long hours at the sidewalk. All that was needed for this was some imagination, creativity and a yo-yo.
7. This one is just witty, or maybe it’s proving the point depicted on that billboard.
8. Did the chicken come before the egg? That’s the question here. Had the phone number not been removed then the graffiti removal company would have had more business. But if the phone number was evident, then there wouldn’t be any graffiti and the company wouldn’t even have a business!
9. Why is that container crying? What happened? Did he lose the contents of whatever was inside him? And for such a small box that metal container on the right sure has some long arms.
10. Are these supposed to be minions? If so, shouldn’t there be more than one of them? And where did the blood come from? What did that thing eat? Was it the other minions?
11. This one is self-explanatory. But seriously, why are there 2 M’s for the McDonald’s logo? Was the spelling error supposed to elicit a disgusted feeling?
12. A clever response to a straightforward sign. Why is the door alarmed? What’s behind it? Is what’s behind the door the reason for it being startled?
13. This picture would be a little more accurate had they dyed the hedge blue. But I can dig it, they even got Marge’s pearls right!
14. The 3-D effect on this graffiti is amazing! I wonder how long it took the artist to do this? And how they didn’t get in trouble? But seriously, is that a house or some sort of well?
15. I never knew kangaroos could ski!? Those guys sure are agile. I wonder what the original sign was. Was it to look out for potential crossing kangaroos? Or to avoid ski sticks on the ground?
16. This is probably my favorite one because it’s so simple yet so creative. My only question is what is that supposed to represent? Is it a metallic snake? Or just a googly-eyed slime? Either way, I like it.
17. I wonder if this was done during the course of road repairs or did the artist have to get rid of the previous lines to add the plug to it? Is this supposed to be symbolic that people should “unplug” from electronics and social media and focus more on each other?
18. Whoever did this sure is artistic. To create such a detailed drawing on something so small as a lock is definitely impressive. But I wonder if that crack was already there or if the artist drew it on?
19. With so many tablets these days people forget about retro gaming. The first Game Boy was no joke! It was in black and white. Remember how you had to blow into the game cartridge when games didn’t load?
20. Why is he so mad? And who is he trying to fight? Is he upset that there’s nothing hung on him? And if that’s supposed to be an octopus, he’s missing a couple of tentacles.
21. Were those hands drawn on that sign to begin with or is that just an exaggerated fall?
22. This one is not only clever and creative, but it also has a political spin to it. It’s funny because you don’t even need to see the name of the owner of the star to know who it belongs to.
23. This one is just witty to me. Who came up with that idea? And what made them think of that? Get your mind out of the gutter!
24. I think this one is a lot deeper than we give it credit for. Does it symbolize someone fading away into nothingness? What about someone who is lost in the direction of their life? A youngster succumbing to the streets? Or just a lazy artist who failed to finish what they started?
25. This one’s actually kind of creepy. What’s the context? If I were to see that at night I would probably get spooked. And were those teeth originally there? Or did the artist have to manually place them there?
26. The best use of a blank billboard.
27. It’s been some time since we last saw the old friendly paper clip from Microsoft Word. Glad to see he’s still alive, and still annoying as all hell! Leave us alone!
28. Housing would be so much more affordable if problems could be fixed with Lego pieces or if community housing could be built with Legos. There would be no more homeless people, and everyone would have a Lego roof over their head.