The sanctimony of marriage is a beautiful one. Two people who love each other, wanting to be together forever, starting a family and living happily ever after. Sounds perfect, right? While not everyone’s idea of marriage may be the same, and while some might not even believe in it, one thing we can all agree on is that spouses not only love each other, but they also love getting on each other’s nerves. There are just certain things that happen in any marriage which are relatable on so many levels that it’s hard not to find some of them funny. Some relatable things that seem to happen to every married couple are:
- Someone is always stealing the blanket in bed
- You can never decide where to go out to eat
Love it or hate it, marriage brings two people together and can result in some pretty hilarious moments.
Here are 16 of the funniest marriage tweets from 2016:
1. Anyone with a significant other knows the feeling of being nudged awake to watch a funny video.
2. The classic “you stole all the blankets” fight. Never gets old.
3. Construction outside? Asleep. Earthquake? Asleep. End of the world? Asleep. Turn on one tiny light and next thing you know you’re getting yelled at.
4. You can’t be right about everything, James.