The sanctimony of marriage is a beautiful one. Two people who love each other, wanting to be together forever, starting a family and living happily ever after. Sounds perfect, right? While not everyone’s idea of marriage may be the same, and while some might not even believe in it, one thing we can all agree on is that spouses not only love each other, but they also love getting on each other’s nerves. There are just certain things that happen in any marriage which are relatable on so many levels that it’s hard not to find some of them funny. Some relatable things that seem to happen to every married couple are:
- Someone is always stealing the blanket in bed
- You can never decide where to go out to eat
Love it or hate it, marriage brings two people together and can result in some pretty hilarious moments.
Here are 16 of the funniest marriage tweets from 2016:
1. Anyone with a significant other knows the feeling of being nudged awake to watch a funny video.
2. The classic “you stole all the blankets” fight. Never gets old.
3. Construction outside? Asleep. Earthquake? Asleep. End of the world? Asleep. Turn on one tiny light and next thing you know you’re getting yelled at.
4. You can’t be right about everything, James.
5. One sneeze, and every husband in the world is sure they’re dying of a mysterious, unknown disease.
6. When your list of things to do gets too long, just call it a day and tell yourself you’ll do it tomorrow. Or maybe your spouse will get it done. Let’s hope for that.
8. Eating your significant other’s leftovers should be punishable by death. There’s no worse feeling than getting home from a long day at work, excited to eat your leftovers from the night before, only to open the fridge and see that it’s gone.
9. The one topic of conversation that almost always results in either a disagreement or a fight. Why does it seem like every relationship that ever existed goes through this argument almost on the daily?
10. But do any married people really, I mean REALLY miss the days of having to stress out about making plans? Why go out and spend money when you can spend your time asleep on the couch? Now that’s the definition of marriage.
12. Or separate phones, or iPads. Basically anything that will distract them from each other.
13. No, you didn’t put it there because you might use it again. You’re just too lazy to clean it. I think we’re all guilty of this. I know I am.
14. Your significant other will never find out that you secretly keep treats hidden in your pockets at all times. How else would you get your dog to love you more?
16. Right, you are totally right about that. Isn’t that what marriage is all about?