Harry Potter is one of the most beloved fiction series in the world. It made the author, J.K. Rowling an overnight success and a billionaire.
- The books have sold more than 500 million copies globally.
- The novels have been translated into 73 languages.
- The last four books in the series all set records as the fastest-selling books in history.
What’s not to love about Harry Potter? There is magic, fantastical creatures, drama, intrigue, and themes about true friendship. It had a recipe for success from the start.
You may think you know everything there is to know about the books and movies, but some of these revelations will surprise you. Here is what was going on in the Muggle world at the same time that Harry and his friends were growing up in their world.
1. This is no secret, but a lot of people do not realize what this means. Harry Potter was born in 1980, July 31. Common knowledge to any fan, but did you realize that this means he is the same age as Kim Kardashian and Ryan Gosling presently?
2. The year that the famous trio (Harry, Ron, and Hermione) started at Hogwarts was 1991. While they were perfecting their wand work, the Muggle world was loving Nirvana and watching Disney movies.
3. When Harry beat Voldemort for the second time, which in the books was in 1992, people were getting ready to go to the opening of the brand-new Disney Park in Paris, France.
4. While the USA was electing Bill Clinton in 1992, Harry and his friends were dealing with bigger problems like an open chamber of secrets and a basilisk in the school.
Click “NEXT PAGE” to keep reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.