Clothing is something that’s easy to screw up. Usually, you just put something on without thinking about it too deeply. After all, we can’t fully see what we look like because our perspective is limited, therefore accidents happen.
In some cases, it’s the designer’s fault for using the wrong words or the wrong pictures on a shirt or on a pair of pants. In other cases, it’s the user who truly makes a happy accident happen and doesn’t realize it.
To illustrate what we mean, here are 12 hilarious clothing fails that will make you think, ‘I’m glad that wasn’t me!’:
1. This Reddit user did something funny by accident because of his combination of clothes: ‘Couldn’t Work Out Why I Was Getting So Many Odd Looks While Shopping This Afternoon,’ he wrote alongside the picture, ‘Then Got Home & Noticed Will Ferrell Peeking Out Of My Cardigan.’
2. To some, this would seem like an unfortunate typography accident. But to others, like myself, this feels like an anti-joke. I hope this was 100% intentional because I would wear this all the time, unironically.
3. This person has a sweet grandmother who is either completely aware of the joke or she really just loves her grandson BJ. He wrote: ‘So My Name Is Brodie Jonas Dean, My Grandma Found This Shirt For Me Thinking It Was A Great Coincidence. Thanks, Grandma.’
4. You’d think that designers who get paid to design the uniform of a country’s official soccer team would make sure it’s good in every way. Well, apparently not. This user captioned this picture with: ‘Spain’s New Shirt Looks Like It Got Dirty While Eating Bolognese Pasta.’
5. The Colombian women’s cycling team has a very peculiar uniform. For some reason, the worst part of the uniform is flesh toned. The funny part is that the team of women has come forward to defend their uniform!
6. This is the most metal a Celine Dion song has ever looked! Apparently, there’s a whole range of tshirts with pop songs designed in the style of a metal aesthetic. I want them all.
7. Aw, it’s a little sloth playing peek-a-boo! These are my kind of pajamas. But where is he peeking from? Take a second to really let that sink in.
8. This one takes a little bit of time, but when you see it, it becomes the ONLY thing you can think about. It involves the pattern around her neck. It’s very, uh, suggestive of a certain body part.
9. The more I look at this picture the less I understand. Why? Who designed this? Who asked for it? Which way would you even put this on?
10. This user posted this image and captioned it: ‘My Friend’s Shirt Has The Image File Name On It.’ Hey, maybe that’s part of the aesthetic! It could be a commentary on our reliance on computers (or something).
11. There are so many layers to this sweater. The grammatically incorrect joke, ‘Don’t believing in yourself. Quit’ is heartbreaking but so hard to miss.
12. I would have been so glad to see that my kitten socks turned into this. The hilarity is too hard to hate or complain about! Look at him. He looks so unhappy to be so ugly.