People often take their mechanic for granted. Let’s face it, it’s a pretty tiring job. They have to deal with messy cars and all sorts of breakdowns, and usually, they deal with customers who are less than patient.
And there is definitely at least one customer a day who brings in their car with a bizarre problem to which they claim isn’t their fault, and that they have ‘no idea’ how it happened.
From deformed tires to strange finds, here are some hilarious reasons why people brought their car to the mechanic.
1. This person needed to get their headlight replaced but it looks like there’s a bit more going on that could use some attention. This car is literally missing the entire hood.
2. Not sure how effective this modification would be. I wonder what the mechanic’s reaction was when they found this piece of work.
3. I doubt that this happened due to regular wear and tear. Looks like someone was doing some midnight doughnuts and ended up busting their tire.
4. Oh wow! This mechanic found some basil in the car they were working on. Because duh, everyone keeps casual spice racks in their cars. I wonder if they took it home and used it.
5. Unless this person spilled some acid in the back of their car, I’m not too sure how this could have happened.
6. Looks like someone tried to pull a fast one on this mechanic by asking for ‘blinker fluid.’ Blinker fluid isn’t even a real thing and it’s usually a joke pulled on mechanics to see if they know their stuff.
7. Is this a joke? It has to be. Or perhaps some people are really that confused? Seems like this person didn’t quite understand how an open window works.
8. What happened to this tire? Did they only inflate certain parts of it at a time? Or did they stuff it with something?
9. This person drove 84,000 miles without getting an oil change. I wonder if the signal was broken or they just ignored it for that long.
10. I mean, as funny as it is, that is a pretty serious problem. If I dropped a burrito into a car engine I wouldn’t know the first thing about how to get it out. This mechanic was sweet enough to warn the customer not to eat the ‘possibly contaminated’ burrito after it had been retrieved.
11. This customer complained that their truck was making a ringing sound. Looks like the mechanic found the root of that problem.
12. This one speaks for itself. This is why you really shouldn’t experiment when it comes to DIY mechanics.