I think we can all agree that when we pull out our yearbooks, we absolutely dread what we’re about to see. No one wants to see their brace-faced, funky-haired selves sprawled on out on glossy paper for the rest of their lives. But that’s exactly what yearbooks are for, aren’t they?
Besides the horribly embarrassing photos of our past selves, another way to commemorate things in a yearbook is the yearbook quote. Whether it’s something inspirational, philosophical, or just straight up silly, it’s the one place where we can leave our mark. A good quote can make us more memorable than our subpar photo. Because we all know that no matter how long you spent crimping your hair for your grade nine photo, five years later you’ll be asking yourself what the heck you were thinking.
Check out this hilarious list of 16 yearbook quotes that you won’t be able to help but laugh at. And if you’re still in high school, maybe they’ll give you some inspiration for your very own amazing yearbook quote.
1. Yikes. Looks like this guy had a few rough high school years.
2. This could be a good or a bad thing. If your haircut turned out horribly, then it’s a great thing. If it turned out great, well, sucks to be you.
3. As a twin myself, I’m a full one minute older than my sister. And you better believe I remind her of this fact every single day.
4. You gotta give it to this guy who has no shame about his larger-than-life ears. We’re glad he’s able to poke fun at himself for it because we’re sure he’s heard enough about those ears throughout his high school career.
5. It’s all finally making sense! Now I can finally tell my mom the source behind all the mysterious emails she has been pestering me about for years now.
6. I’m sure we can all relate, Zachary.
7. As a massive Harry Potter fan, this yearbook quote actually made me laugh out loud. Finally, someone who understands my humor!
8. When you’re going through tough times and don’t think you can accomplish a goal that you have set out for yourself, think about what this brilliant youngster said…even if it means comparing yourself to a garbage can. On second thought, that doesn’t actually sound too uplifting.
9. Please tell me that the first thing that popped into your mind after reading this was the “Old MacDonald Had A Farm” song. In fact, I’m singing it out loud right now.
10. Because when your mom tells you not to do something, you better believe you will do it. I wonder how much trouble he got into for doing this.
11. Blame your parents, Carlos. It’s really all you can do.
12. Free from what exactly, Megan? Because trust me, once you finish high school and enter into adult life, you’ll be wishing you could go back to your free days of being a teenager faster than you can actually even say “free”
13. I mean…he isn’t wrong, is he? And besides, why bother thanking your family and your friends when you can just thank yourself, right?
14. You’ve got to appreciate the fact that these twins are willing to poke fun at themselves.
15. I don’t agree with Xenia’s dad at all on this one. I’d choose French fries over guys any day of the week. In fact, I think I’d choose French fries over pretty much anything these days.
16. Truer words have never been spoken. And as this high schooler grows up, she will be able to relate to this more and more.