The internet is the most significant development in our generation. It provide us with endless amounts of information (which can be both a good and a bad thing), and it connects us to one another (again, a good and a bad thing). No one could have foreseen how it would also bring us endless hours of entertainment. The funny, the witty, the jaded and the meme lords—these are just some of the things brought to us by sites like:
Each platform caters to different people, of course. But every now and then, something comes out of these websites that touch a universal something in all of us.
If you’re looking for some posts guaranteed to make you smile, then stick around. In this list, we’ve rounded up 28 images from these websites that will make you smile (or at least internally smile):
1. This woman’s cousin got a new car and she just had to strike a pose. Unfortunately, the world wasn’t ready for a half-human, half-flipper person.
2. In all of parenthood, siblinghood, and babysitting-hood, there was never a more relatable set of events captured on camera. The baby’s disregard for order, the man’s contained anger, the white knuckles gripping the cup…it’s almost artful.
3. This picture was not taken at a concert, it’s actually grass. It helps that it was distorted to the point that no one knows what this is actually supposed to be.
4. Some names are weird and long. The best ones are easy to remember because we can use mnemonics like the one in this picture to remember them.
5. This perfect picture makes me think that there’s no way this wasn’t planned. Everything in it matches, including the truck in the sign and the truck in the street.
6. This is a teacher that doesn’t let any tomfoolery slide. In a bonus question, she asked if the student had heard of civil rights activist Susan B. Anthony. The student tried but failed to impress.
7. Technically, you can’t get mad at Google for giving you the exact answer to your question. These are electric cars, and they are the cheapest in the market.
8. Another masterpiece: the irony of having a dog. The little guy seems to have ripped and partly eaten the entire back cover of the book titled, “My Dog’s the Best!”
9. The biggest mistake you can make after you finish getting ready is to touch the bed. It’s like quicksand or the most seductive piece of furniture in existence.
10. I’ve seen this image going around with people commenting how they want to try this. I’m in the team of people who feel very uncomfortable just looking at it.
11. This looks like a painful landing, so it’s actually shocking to see this pig on its four feet. I wonder what happened to it and why it felt the need to hit the pavement and make a run for it.
12. The people on twitter who show the amazing things their partners do for them are the number one cause of fights between couples in real life. Trust me, it happens.
13. This young man’s dad put his car keys in a safe. We don’t know why, or how deserved the punishment is, only that the car is push-to-start and that he’ll be in trouble if his dad sees this post.
14. A classic father-son moment: seeing a model in a leotard for the first time. Although you could say they’re looking somewhere to her left side, which is what I choose to believe.
15. This cheeky sign is unnecessary. Hopefully, the customers who fall for it have a good sense of humor and get a chuckle out of it, rather than an indignant huff.
16. This picture proves a lot of things: dogs love bees, dogs are too pure for this world, dogs stung by bees are the most hilarious and sad thing in the world.
17. If anything, me and my friend would agree to hit the other with a car and then split the money 50/50. If you’re going to conjure up imaginary scenarios, eliminate the loopholes!
18. The best people in the world are those who are not scared to double text or be hyperactive. They make it easier for the introverted and the easily distracted.
19. This can be especially frustrating when you send a thoughtful and lengthy paragraph. It’s rude to reply with one or two words to a long story, so please don’t do that.
20. This is opening a very dangerous can of worms. What if you have something expensive and unique that your boyfriend can easily ruin? It’s best not to start that war.
21. This nosy fish is ripe for a “Caption This” contest: “Hope you lovebirds are having a great night. The prime rib dip is absolutely scrumptious, so I highly recommend it.”
22. Wonderful dads come in all shapes, sizes, and types of humor. This dad borders on the surreal and weird, sending his kid a single Trader Joe’s chip.
23. This is a smooth look to have when a teacher looks in your direction while you attempt to cheat. It beats the panicked scramble and sweating I used to do when I thought I got caught.
24. Pie charts aren’t just great ways to convey information, they’re also their own subsection of humor. This picture is only one of many hilarious pie charts designed specifically to get a laugh out of people.
25. You know you’re not a morning person when this happens. If your first thought when you wake up is “1001 excuses not to go to school/work,” then you need to make some changes.
26. You know the ones. You’re trying to make a harmless 4/20 joke, and your parents stage an intervention about the dangers of drugs and the devil’s lettuce.
27. I would sign the petition to make all smartphones made out of whatever indestructible plastic Nokia phones were made of. Fancy $1,000 phones have nothing on these classics.
28. Or, alternatively, this could be a joke about people who are control freaks and need to “control everything.” Makes more sense, in my opinion.