One of the most important functions in our bodies is blood circulation. Good blood circulation is very important for a variety of reasons including:
- Cell growth
- Benefits and promotes organ function
- Creates healthier looking skin
Poor diet, lack of exercise, and smoking are all things that will work against your blood circulation. This can lead to serious things like strokes and heart attacks.
There are a lot more reasons than the ones we just listed as to why your blood circulation is important. Use these 16 tips to get your blood circulating properly, and you will live forever! Well no, not forever—you will be healthier though and, by extension, happier.
1. Stress is really bad for your heart and therefore your blood circulation. After all, your heart is doing all the pumping to get the blood moving around the body. Yoga and meditation are great stress relievers, but find what works for you. It is important to check in with yourself and your stress because sometimes, when it’s all we feel, we don’t even realize how bad it is and the damage it’s doing.
2. Our circulatory system depends heavily on our exercise level. The more active we are, the better it gets. Something as small as a 30 minute walk per day will help improve it, as well as stretching. You should really be working out more than that for optimal results.
3. Knots, cramped muscles and stiff muscles all affect blood circulation negatively. A nice soothing massage is a great way to resolve this, so go treat yourself and work out some of those kinks!
4. This one is a big one for people who sit a lot during the day. Your posture directly affects your blood circulation. Bad spine alignment is a huge factor in poor circulation so working on improving your posture and keeping it good goes a long way. There are wonderful posture beads you can buy to align your back, but working out helps too. Being conscious of your posture and trying to make it better will work wonders.
Click “NEXT PAGE” to keep reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.