Family photos used to be in black and white and you would have to wait for them to get processed before owning a hard copy. They were a literal physical representation of a moment in time. Nowadays, all the photos we take are not for memories or collections but more for views and likes on social media. Family photos nowadays are taken with smartphones or digital cameras where they are stored on a memory card or a hard drive. Hardly anyone ever takes physical pictures anymore.
That’s why when we see old pictures of us and our parents or siblings we innately want to go ‘Awwww…’ Not only because we look cute in our baby clothes but because it brings back memories that otherwise would have gone forgotten.
Here are 8 pictures of grown-ups trying to recreate their old family photos.
1. Once a messy eater, always a messy eater. But why does she look so unhappy? Is she too stuffed to even smile? Or is she just upset she lost her fork? But please note the cut-out Big Bird on her shirt. And where did her blue cup go?
2. This one’s funny simply because he found a pair of overalls that are identical to his old pair when he was just a kid. Oh, and the fact that his haircut hasn’t changed in all these years.
3. You know you’re a grown up when you no longer drink bath water with your brother. Instead, you replace the bath water with what looks like beer and champagne but you continue the tradition of taking bubble baths with each other.
4. This one’s adorable simply because they are all rocking the same outfits as when they were kids. Please note how the dad looks to be struggling under the weight of his grown son.
5. You can tell years have gone by when the trees in the background have grown significantly. And you can also tell by the female, because she’s finally grown into her boots!
6. You know it’s been some time when pictures are still in black and white and soccer balls were made out of cowhide. But what’s just as important is this: where is that cute pup?
7. I think this is the definition of being too old to go trick-or-treating.
8. Siblings are always there for each other no matter what. Even as they grow up and get tattoos, you can always count on a brother or sister to be there for you. PS. He sure outgrew his backpack!