In a recent Instagram Story Video, Supergirl actor Jeremy Jordan reported on his recent hospitalization after consuming Chipotle. The actor claims that after eating the food, he immediately felt sick and had to be hospitalized. Jeremy Jordan, known for his role on Supergirl, as well as the Broadway adaptation of Newsies, claims the Mexican food chain made him seriously ill.
Jeremy Jordan has stated that after consuming the food, he had to be hooked up to fluids after dealing with several abdominal pain and vomiting. The dehydration immediately put him in the emergency room. The Supergirl actor said that he used to endorse the product in the past, but now he claims that they are ‘terrible’ and that because of eating the food he ‘almost died.’
Chipotle issued an official statement regarding the incident, saying: “We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and were able to get in touch with him directly regarding where and when he ate. There have been no other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined. We take all claims seriously, but we can’t confirm any link to Chipotle given the details he shared with us.”
This bad PR is the last thing Chipotle needs at the moment. According to the stocks, the Chipotle stock dropped by a staggering 2.7 percent after the food poisoning incident. This comes just months after a location in Sterling, Virginia closed its doors after multiple customers reported getting sick from the location. In 2015, Chipotle dealt with massive contamination problems that resulted in a similar stock plummet. This contamination infected customers with the “norovirus” a foodborne illness caused by improperly handled food. Today, this new story from a celebrity like Jeremy Jordan may damage the company’s reputation even further, regardless if it’s just an accusation or not.
What are your thoughts on Chipotle? Please “SHARE” on Facebook! Click “NEXT POST” to read more stories like this!