There comes a point in life when you’ve been single for so long that it almost becomes a personal joke. You could spend years questioning if there’s something wrong with you, even wondering if perhaps you smell bad or something.
Friends try to set you up on dates and they tell you you’re attractive. It’s hard to believe them, and there comes a point where you’re almost content being single.
Sure, it can be lonely sometimes, but being single has its perks as well! You’ll save a pretty penny since you won’t be going out on expensive dates and you don’t have to worry about couple presents. Not to mention you have an entire bed to sleep in!
Whether you love or hate being single, you’ll definitely be able to relate to these jokes. Here are 16 jokes that you’ll only understand if you’re single.
1. This person decided to make a joke in 2014, little did they know they were starting the timeline of their single life. They seem a little surprised now that it’s 2017.
2. That annoying moment at every family gathering when a grandmother or aunt asks about the special someone in your life and you have nothing to report.
3. Some people are only single because they don’t realize when people take interest in them. Seriously, some people are really dense and need things spelled out for them.
4. And then there are those who fall victim to their own nerves. It can definitely be difficult to remain composed when you’re a shy person and have a crush.
5. Well, at least this person knows that they aren’t exactly fit to offer any dating advice!
6. I think this must be sarcasm. But honestly what girl doesn’t smell her own hair after a wash? Also, being immune to bats sounds kind of cool. I’m sure she’ll find someone.
7. He started off on a positive note, and then quickly escalated into an existential realization. With so many people tweeting about being single, you’d think some of them might have paired up by now!
8. At least this person knows exactly where their issues lie. Some people are actually more content being alone!
9. Looks like this girl is ready to be the star of her own sitcom. She’s already got the audience laughter down.
10. Some people are natural born flirts, others well…let’s just say they could use a bit more practice. When you’ve been single for a while, it can be easy to forget the language.
11. Some people just lead busy lives and simply don’t have the time to put effort into dating and relationships.
12. It’s hard to tell whether this photo is genuine or posed. It’s definitely how every single person feels when they go to a wedding without a date.
13. Looks like this girl has dealt with rejection a few times…There’s nothing more disappointing than getting friend zoned.
14. How many single ladies have been waiting for their monthly cycle and had the brief “what if” moment before realizing how impossible that would be.
15. Going to a wedding to show love and support for the couple? Well, sort of. Some people like to go to weddings for the free meal and dessert.
16. The bottom line is, although most people don’t like being lonely and are fed up with being single, there is always that small part that secretly loves it.