Celebs who look like each other have the internet fascinated. So perhaps it’s unsurprising that social media is abuzz with the news that – gasp! – Kris Jenner looks a lot like her daughter Kendall.
In an Instagram post on September 12th, Kourtney Kardashian posted an old Polaroid of her mom with her own mother, Kardashian grandmother Mary Jo Shannon. She captioned it “Momoooooshka,” an adorable tribute to her love for her mother. But all that commentors could see was the resemblance between Kris and her daughter Kendall. Many remarked that they had originally taken it for a photo of Kendall as a young girl.
Perhaps the news isn’t surprising, since the two are, well, related. But they certainly aren’t the only celebrity look-alikes. Sometimes, even unrelated celebs end up looking uncannily similar. Let’s see how the mother-daughter duo stacks up against other familiar dopplegangers.
1. Ed Sheeran and Prince Harry: Earlier this year, the redheaded royal was compared to Sheeran by a young schoolgirl on a visit to Westminster Abbey. No hard feelings from Prince Harry; apparently, he was “in stitches” at the comparison. Sheeran’s feelings about the comparison are still unknown.
2. Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel: In this comparison of the two actresses, Katy (left) looks eerily like Zooey (right) … or perhaps Zooey’s the one on the left? Honestly, it’s too close to call!
3. Ian Somerhalder and Chace Crawford: They look like the antagonists in a Hollywood blockbuster about an army of generically-handsome clone men attempting to take over the world.
4. Kit Harrington and Darren Criss: Standing next to each other, Harrington looks like the older and more grizzled Criss, goning back in time to warn himself about the upcoming plot to destroy earth. Generically-handsome clone men, perhaps?
5. Anne Hathaway and Amal Clooney: When Hathaway was told she looked like the human rights lawyer, her response was, “That’s like so gonna be the best thing to happen to me today.” An appropriate response to one heckuva compliment.
6. Tilda Swinton and Cate Blanchett: Both women are killing it when it comes to ethereal, otherworldly beauty. Now that they both have similar haircuts, they look as though they arrived to earth on the same spaceship, with the expressed mission of dazzling humankind.
7. Zachary Quinto and Eli Roth: Listen, if director Roth ever needed someone else to play him in a self-directed biopic, he could certainly do worse than Star Wars star Quinto.
8. Dakota Johnson and Gillian Anderson: New script idea: these two as a mother-daughter team attempting to hunt down Swinton and Blanchett before they dazzle us all into smoking husks? (I’m on fire today)