So, do you think you’re a pretty good speller? Did you ever participate in spelling bees or try your luck at the wheel of fortune when it was on TV? Well, now is your chance to test out those skills.
Sometimes, the English language can be particularly confusing. The way letters are arranged and words are spelled might throw you off! For example, how come the words dear and bear don’t rhyme? They’re one continent off!
And one of the most confusing things is those tricky silent letters. Like, why is there an ‘R’ in the word February?
Let’s put your skills to the test and let’s see if you can make it through this spelling bee. It’s next to impossible to get a perfect score; less than 1% of people actually make it through. Good luck!
1. Question: I’ll start out by giving you a series of words. Your job will be to determine which one out of the four is the word that is spelled correctly. Make sure you take your time and no cheating! No scrolling ahead and no googling. Okay, the first four words are gruesome, febuary, embalance, garantee. Do you know which word is spelled correctly?
Answer: This one is a pretty easy one considering I already gave you a clue with the word ‘February.’ So if that one isn’t spelled right, which word is? If you guessed ‘gruesome’ you’re totally correct.
2. Question: Okay now things are going to get a little bit harder. Here is the next set of words. Take your time and really think about it! Relevence, Renosance, Pumkin, Postpone. Go for it!
Answer: Did this one stump you? I thought it might…With the alliteration, you may have thought that one of the words starting with ‘R’ was spelled correctly, but the answer is actually ‘postpone’
3. Question: Ready for the next set? See if you can pick out the correctly spelled word! Is it Machettie, Imbrase, Maintenance, or Labratory?
Answer: Do you think you’ve got it? This one is tricky because all of the words are very close to their actual spelling but only one of them is correct. And that’s the word ‘Maintenance.’
4. Questions: Here are some more! Think you’re up for the challenge? The next four words are trignametric, sophisticated, vacination, suppliment. Can you figure it out?
Answer: Did you get it? This is another pretty tricky one and I definitely tried to stump you. Perhaps you’re getting a hang of things now? The word that is spelled correctly is ‘sophisticated.’
5. Question: You know the drill! See if you can figure out which word from the following is the one that is spelled correctly. If you get this one right you’ll have completed 50% of them correctly so far! Is it Transmision, Tollerable, Volunteer, Turkoise?
Answer: Since it’s the halfway point I decided to go a little easier on you. So you probably noticed right away that the word that is spelled correctly is ‘volunteer.’
6. Question: Got a bunch of words starting with the letter ‘S.’ And only one of them is spelled correctly. Do you think you can figure out which one is the odd word out? Is it Sholder, Scenaireo, Saboteur, Abanden.
Answer: Was I able to stump you? Or are you getting used to this now? Well, in case you missed it, the word that is spelled right is ‘saboteur.’
7. Question: You know what to do! Pick which one of these words is spelled right. Is is Ajurment, Analyist, Clairvoiant, or Croissant?
Answer: If you’re a breakfast fan, you most likely got this one right. If you think that ‘croissant’ is spelled right then you’d be correct!
8. Question: You’re almost at the end of the quiz! How have you been doing so far? Which one out of these words is the one that is spelled right? Suspision, Tendency, Stalagite, Scafolding.
Answer: Do you know what it is? If you guessed that the word that is spelled correctly was ‘suspision,’ you’d be wrong! The only word here that is spelled correctly is ‘tendency’
9. Question: You’re almost done the spelling bee! Just two more correct words to find. Can you spot it here? Anoyed, Euphoric, Writeable, Zylophone.
Answer: This one might have thrown you off a little bit because some people spell the word ‘writeable’ with an E and some do not. However, in this case, the correctly spelled word is ‘Euphoric’
10. Question: Last one! Out of the following which on is spelled right? Requiem, picnicing, prohibative, poperee. Can you figure it out?
Answer: Did you get it right? The answer is pretty easy. None of the words that start with a P are spelled right. So the correct answer is ‘requiem.’