What’s makeup? What are heels? What’s hair on fleek? These are the questions that only low-maintenance girls will understand. I mean some of us may call them tomboys, others may just call them LAZY. But I just like to call it being low-maintenance.
It definitely isn’t a bad thing to be high-maintenance, but it’s also not a bad thing to be low-maintenance. You do whatever makes you happy. But for those women who do consider themselves low-maintenance, they can’t be bothered with things like over excessive makeup, and making sure your hair looks PERFECT at all times.
If you are a bit confused as to what is considered a low-maintenance woman, don’t worry. I got you covered. Here are 16 examples of things that only low-maintenance women understand. Maybe you are a bit of both low and high-maintenance, or maybe you are one over the other. Regardless, these are pretty entertaining to read!
1. You think by putting on some mascara on your upper eyelashes you’re wearing WAY too much makeup. Then you walk into your friend’s washroom and see 4 makeup bags of products you’ve never even heard of. Like, what’s the difference between concealer, foundation, and blush? And how the heck do you put on lip liner….
2. Jeans, skirts, dresses happen only if you HAVE to wear them for an outing or an event. Sweatpants were your go-to in high school but now that you are an adult, you have moved onto yoga pants. They are your everything. You wear them with a casual sweater, a nice jean-button down or just a plain t-shirt. Yoga pants are life for low-maintenance women.
3. People NOTICE when you have washed your hair. I mean, low-maintenance women know that it takes a whole lot of effort to wash your hair on a regular basis. On top of that, it’s healthier for your hair to leave it unwashed for a couple of days. But when you do wash it, friends and family act like you just got it professionally done.
4, Staying with the hair point, you don’t know any other hairstyles other than a ponytail and an occasional bun. Wearing it down is sometimes an option. But you typically prefer to stay with your simple, go-to hairstyle which is often a ponytail.
5. You have a job interview, this is literally the job you’ve always wanted. You go in for the interview, and everything is perfect. But then, they hit you with a deal-breaker. Being a low-maintenance woman, the fact that the job requires business attire is a HUGE deal breaker. It’s too much!
6. Honestly, there are some guys who would love a low-maintenance woman. You can’t be bothered wearing different jewelry pieces. That means you have your go-to earrings that you wear on the regular and your necklace that you wear all the time but that’s about it. Makes the job of your boyfriend/husband pretty easy!
7. Going to the mall is the biggest struggle for you. Your friends love going, in fact, they make it a hangout spot. Shopping means girl time for them. For you? Mall time only happens when you actually need to get something for someone or for an event…and you’re usually in and out. Quick and easy. None of this 3 hour shopping time.
8. Spending four hours at a hair salon is beyond you. You especially don’t understand how women do it every four weeks! There’s so much more you can do with your time and money. For you, washing it every few days is more than enough to keep it fresh and healthy. I’m sure most low-maintenance women would understand that for sure.
9. Skinny jeans are terribly uncomfy and you feel less “free” to be able to move and do the things you want to do. But you do have one pair of your favorite skinny jeans and you usually pair it with more than one top so people think you have more than one pair. Low-maintenance women would agree with that.
10. It’s a well-known joke that girls in Starbucks like to order a very fancy drink that no one understands where on earth they got it from. Being a low-maintenance woman, you often feel like you’re the only girl in there who doesn’t order an overly fancy drink. I mean you are all about that black coffee life.
11. People are pretty shocked that it takes you only 20 minutes MAX to get ready and hit the town on a girls night out. But then when they see you, they are even more shocked. You typically go for an all natural look, so it doesn’t take you much time to get ready and look THIS good. Low-maintenance girls can attest to that.
12. You never understood the concept of sleeping in “cute” pajamas. I mean, wouldn’t you rather be comfy and wear XL pajama pants and shirt? What’s the point of wearing tight tops and tight pants and not feeling comfy? Low-maintenance girls are all about the baggy shirt and comfy boy shorts.
13. And if you are a low-maintenance girl then you might have at least once worn the same shirt you slept in out the next day. Nothing wrong with that, why not have a shirt that you can use for multiple purposes right? It’s comfy and you just don’t want to get out of it!!
14. Shaving your legs can be an entire process that requires way too much effort. So if you’re wearing cropped yoga pants or jeans with holes in the knees, you fully know the trick. The trick is to just shave the areas that are showing. No one would suspect a thing and you save a ton of time and energy. Works like a charm.
15. Changing up the bra could change your mood…especially if you don’t like change. Being the low-maintenance girl that you are, you probably went through an entire week wearing the same bra! I mean, what’s the point of changing it? It doesn’t smell and it’s so damn comfortable!
16. If people didn’t see you wear the same outfit, then you didn’t actually wear it. If you know you won’t be seeing the same people you did the day before with the outfit you wore, you have no problem wearing it again. I mean if it’s such a nice outfit, what’s the point of changing it up…especially if no one saw it. And no photos were taken…