Things were never the same after Miley Cyrus removed that iconic blonde wig in her last appearance as fictional pop star Hannah Montana. She landed the role on the Disney channel at the age of 12 and for years she rocked out as the pop/country singer.
When the show concluded, many fans were saddened by the end of Hannah, but this was only the beginning of what the world now knows as Miley Cyrus.
Miley has gone through a lot of fashion changes throughout the years, one of her most iconic being the dramatic pixie cut of 2013. As she expanded her music and acting careers, she met and dated Liam Hemsworth while starring in The Last Song together.
The two were engaged at one point before it broke off, and as the stars continued to work on their personal careers, Miley’s style fluctuated a lot! However, the two are now rumored to be back together and it looks like Miley’s hair has come full circle as well! Check out the awesome look that brings back the Hannah Montana memories, and some of her hairstyles over the years.
1. Miley Cyrus got the iconic role as Hannah Montana at the age of 12. The show was originally called Alexis Texas. They liked Miley and her father so much that they changed the character to suit her.
2. As she rocked out on the Disney channel, she began to gain a fandom. Hannah became more than just a fictional pop star, as her music began to gain popularity in the real world. Although the blonde hair was usually a wig, there was a brief period of time where Miley actually donned blonde locks.
3. She eventually returned back to her natural brunette hair, and continued to play the fictional version of herself for five years.
4. The final episode of Hannah Montana aired on January 16, 2011. From then on, Miley Cyrus began to reinvent her image.
5. As she continued to grow up, Miley strayed away from her Disney star looks. She started cutting her hair shorter in 2012, and her style became a lot edgier. It was during this time that she was first dating Liam Hemsworth.
6. She was blossoming into a young woman, and the couple was even said to be engaged. However it was later broken off in 2013.
7. In August of 2012, Miley revealed the iconic new look that took the internet by storm. She chopped off her long wavy hair and got a platinum blonde edgy pixie cut. The new do came as a shock to fans. Some people loved it and others were not so sure.
8. She continued to date Liam, clearly in her element. With Miley being only 19 and Liam 22, it may have been for the best that their engagement was called off. After some time to be apart and to grow, perhaps things can be rekindled.
9. 2013 ended up being a big year for Miley with the release of her album Bangerz on October 4. Every song was catchy and presented a new sound with favorites being We Can’t Stop and of course the groundbreaking music video for Wrecking Ball.
10. She continued to switch up her looks, dressing in her own unique and flashy way. Some people thought that her fashion statements were over the top, but you have to admit she looked pretty cool and killed it with her confidence.
11. Every style she did became a trend. Even if some people didn’t understand the baby buns at first, it’s now a pretty popular hairstyle. Miley was ahead of her time.
12. Here she is rocking a more relaxed pixie. As well as gaining success from Bangerz and touring, Miley also actively supports several charities and even founded her own called ‘The Happy Hippie Foundation.”
13. After some time apart, there have been rumors of the couple reuniting again making this one roller coaster of a romance. They’re pictured here on New Year’s eve, and have also been together in videos posted to Miley’s Instagram.
14. The couple has been rumored to be engaged again and there have been speculations that they have considered conceiving a child. Miley recently worked on a project with Woody Allen and can be seen here donning a very similar wig to that of her Hannah Montana days.
15. Although it’s not her real hair, fans who have been hoping to see Miley with long blonde hair one last time can finally get their wish!
16. Crisis In Six Scenes is a mini series that was originally released on September 30, 2016. Miley’s hair seems to be getting pretty long naturally. All in all: Who knows? Perhaps she will say goodbye to the edgy pixie cut and embrace a longer style for the first time in years.