Photos help us understand things a little more clearly. Especially those of us who are visual learners, seeing a visual of something that might not make sense can really go a long way. Especially for kids who are learning difficult subjects.
Even the smartest people need to see things in front of them to really understand whatever it is they are studying. Whether that means studying a picture of a mathematical graph or watching an entire documentary about what’s in space.
Then, there are photos that are just purely fascinating. From species that many did not know about to humans that we did not even think existed, here are 16 incredible pictures that we’re sure most of you have never seen before.
Caterpillars are pretty cool. Not only can they turn into a butterfly but did you know they can also camouflage as a snake?
2. Ever wondered how grass look when it’s been struck by lightning? Well, you don’t need to wonder anymore
3. Our planet is made up of mostly water, 1,338,000,000 km³ to be exact. Here’s how it would look like if all of our water could fit into a diameter of 860 miles.
4. Underwater creatures are extremely fascinating. A lot of us are always curious about what goes down under there. Look at this.
5. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a chance to visit Iceland someday. For those of you who aren’t able to, here’s a photo of an ice cave in Iceland. No photoshop required.
6. If you ever wanted to know if you seriously got a tan this summer, do what this guy did. Clearly, he didn’t want the sun hitting his legs.
7. Ever wonder what a soda bottle looks like before it’s filled with compressed air? Here you go. It looks like a baby bottle!
8. Here’s a photo of birds flying above a major fire. The reason they are red is because the fire is reflecting off of them. Pretty crazy.
9. The Bermuda Triangle is known for planes and ships mysteriously disappearing in it out of nowhere. Here’s a photo of 16 ships that were destroyed by a sand bar.
10. A girl born with two heads is something you don’t see every day. Here’s a photo of conjoined twins Abby and Brittany. You might have seen them on TLC.
11. Patek Philippe is one of the best watchmakers in the world. Here’s a rare look at the internal mechanisms of one of his watches. Incredible.
12. Andromeda is a spiral galaxy that is basically our neighbor. Astrologists believe it to be the nearest major galaxy to the Milky way.
13. Dubai is beautiful. Even on the gloomiest, foggiest nights, the city looks like a scene from a movie. The photo will have you mesmerized
14. Orangutans are amazing animals. They are intelligent, funny and sweet. Check out this Orangutan spear fishing in Borneo. It makes you wonder if he was born with this knowledge or if he learned it from watching human beings.
15. Have you ever heard of the Black Swallower? It’s the first time we hear about it too. It’s a fish that can actually eat prey that’s ten times its size. It looks just as cool as it sounds.
16. A lot of us consider the pool’s deep end fairly intimidating. Check out this pool that is the deepest swimming pool in the world. It holds 600,000 gallons of water!