Subscribe to our mailing list

Mother-Of-Four, 33, Loses The Top Of Her THUMB After Ripping Off Acrylic Nail And Contracting Deadly Sepsis

Providr

For some women, appearance is everything. They need the right clothing, the right jewellery, and sometimes the right kind of nails. But are there any dangerous consequences when it comes to a woman’s appearance? Apparently there is. A breaking news story has developed where a mother loses the top of her thumb after she ripped off an acrylic nail.

Women often use acrylic nails because they offer a quick fix to their nails. If their nails are rough, they will cover them up with acrylic ones. If their nails are weak, they will use acrylic. But are they safe? According to Dana Stern, certified dermatologist/nail specialist, they’re not.

Stern mentions that acrylic nails contain harsh chemicals such as resins and formaldehyde. If a woman is allergic to them, it can cause pain, burning and severe swelling. Stern also mentioned that they can increase the risk of getting an infection. With that said, I’ll go into more detail where a mother loses the top of her thumb.

Cherie Newman, a mother of 4 beautiful children, decided to treat herself to some acrylic nails in July. Newman, who is from Ashford in Kent, tried to remove the nails herself. The result was she tore her own nail off.

mother loses the top of her thumbCaters News Agency

Four weeks after, she began experiencing extreme pain, so she was taken to the hospital. The news that came next was not pleasant. Doctors explained to her that they had to amputate her thumb. They informed her that she had contracted a deadly blood infection.

mother loses the top of her thumbCaters News Agency

Newman admits that she was aware of the infection, but was too busy caring for her kids to worry. She explains that her doctor was the one who urged her to seek treatment. She explains that the cut was releasing puss and had turned dark purple. She also mentions that the purple color of her thumb started tracking up her arm as well.

mother loses the top of her thumbhttps://en.mogaznews.com

When Newman arrived at the hospital, she began to feel nauseous and dizzy. She had shivers and felt like she was going to pass out several times. Newman was unaware that removing an acrylic nail could cause blood poisoning.

marigo20/shutterstock.com

Click on the ‘Next Page’ to continue the story and don’t forget to SHARE this with your friends on Facebook.

Advertisement

More From Providr