New York City residents are known for being honest, passionate, and fiery. So, of course, when the NYC subway line banned dogs unless they could fit into a bag, the citizens of New York took things one step further.
Obviously, the rule was meant to imply that big dogs were no longer welcome on the subway, but thanks to the vague wording all pups have found their way back on the subway—big or small.
There’s genuinely nothing better than seeing a 100 lb. dog in a duffle bag or a tote bag, just living their best life all comfy and cozy. There’s just no rule that a parent won’t break for their child, even if that child happens to be a Siberian Husky.
Check out the brilliance of these dog owners and the adorable new travel accommodations for these sweet fur babies below!
1. Who needs to walk anyway, am I right? This little guy looks ready to take on life in his new bag form. Bless him.
2. Anytime is a good time for cuddling if you ask me (and this dog).
3. Why yes, I am a floof! And very ready to fall asleep, by the looks of him.
4. Hi, yes, hello! Can you see my bag? It’s also a great outfit and a skydiving suit! Other dogs on the subway better watch out and step up their bag game.
5. Is that our train or is it coming from the other side? I don’t know, Mom! I’m just a dog but I guess I can be a lookout!
6. I’m just chillin’ on the subway as my dad takes me on a trip to the dog park, wyd?
7. Life’s just better with a doge in your bag, know what I mean? You should try it some time. 10/10 would recommend.
8. I’m kind of messin’ up mom’s black aesthetic, but I just look so pretty in pink don’t you agree? Who could say no to those big puppy dog eyes anyway, right?
9. What’chu lookin’ at?! You got something to say to me, dog? Well, better make it fast ’cause I got places to be in this city!
10. Some might say I’m a little too big for a piggy back ride, but it’s a good thing dad disagrees, huh? I’m spoiled and I know it!
11. Hipster Shiba! So stylish, so cool! Even had to ask my parent to take a picture of me for my insta! #ootd
12. Well, they did say no dogs unless they were in a bag, right? Plus, it’s cozy! Feels almost as good as my bed at home #travellingwhilecomfy
13. There’s just a husky on my shoulder, no big deal! He’s not even heavy, I promise. Seriously, how does he make the dog look so light?
14. A genuine ray of sunshine is poking out from this bag. Have you ever seen a dog so happy to be in a bag? Be still, our beating hearts.
15. You talkin’ to me? Sorry, I wasn’t listening. Do you mind repeating? I’m listening to you this time, I promise. You’ve got my full attention.
16. Are we at the dog park yet, dad? I’m itchin’ to stretch my legs! This bag is a little cramped you know.