Everyone has their fan favorite movie that they’ve watched about a thousand times, have noticed tiny little easter eggs and details in, and know every single line of. But, sometimes, there are movies we just kind of enjoy on a basic level and don’t think about all too hard.
Or, maybe even despite watching our favorite movies a thousand times over, there still might be some details that have gone unnoticed, allowing it to keep just a little bit of magic. There’s nothing better than that light bulb going off in your head when you’ve realized something new about a childhood favorite or just a regular old classic.
In this article, we’re listing 12 little details you may or may not have noticed in some classic and recent films.
1. The most recent Disney Princess film, Moana, features a demigod Maui that is able to transform into a variety of animals, and whenever he does it, his magical fish hook appears somewhere on his body.
2. If you look closely at the dead pool board in Deadpool, you’ll notice that there are celebrity names written down. Some include Ryan Reynolds aka Deadpool himself and even Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, and Lindsay Lohan. Even the creator of Deadpool, Rob Liefeld, is on there
3. In Disney’s Lilo and Stitch, Lilo’s older sister Nani has a Mulan poster in her room.
4. During the end credits for Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, the Marauders map shows a couple making out or “snogging” in the corner. Just check out the position of their feet.
5. In the movie Snakes On A Plane, one of the options on a microwave is literally just “snake.” We’re not sure where they got this microwave, but it’s a really fun detail.
6. The shadow on Selina Kyle’s face in Batman Returns actually foreshadows her eventual transformation into Catwoman. This is a cool special effect that might not dawn on some people during the first watch.
7. When the ship sinks in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest Davy Jones uses his tentacles to keep his hat on.
8. In Princess And The Frog, Tiana’s father writes ‘Tiana’s Place’ at the beginning of the movie, showcasing his belief in her to do whatever it is she wants in life. By the end, the restaurant is renamed to Tiana’s Palace, signifying that she’s royalty now.
9. If you’re an end credits kind of person then you might have read Disney’s Frozen disclaimer asserting that Kristoff’s opinion about all men eating their own boogers is solely his own opinion.
10. When Hans Landa is investigating the farm at the beginning of Inglorious Basterds, he actually checks the pulse of one of the daughters very subtly just to see if she’s hiding anything.
11. David the android from Prometheus has a fingerprint that actually includes the Weyland Corporation logo within it.
12. In Disney’s Hercules, the “rug” that Hercules wears on his head is actually the body of Scar from The Lion King.