Being a woman is already difficult enough having to deal with things like inequality and the pressures of society. Paired with all of these turmoils, there are a handful of other annoying things that girls have to put up with such as,
- That time of the month,
- Beauty standards.
If you’re a woman, you’ve probably noticed the differences in dress code between males and females. And with women constantly being advertised as thin and free of any body hairs or flaws, there is a lot of pressure on women to keep up.
All of these things can lead to some pretty horrible and terrible experiences that most women can probably relate to. Here is a list of 28 of those painful moments that all women will know too well.
1. Lipstick Fiasco: When you decide to rock a bold shade of lipstick and are feeling pretty confident, and then you do a makeup check in the bathroom and realize that there’s lipstick on your teeth and no one bothered to tell you.
2. Stairs: That awkward moment when you’re walking up the stairs and there’s someone behind you and you suddenly become hyper-aware that your behind is right in their face.
3. Mascara Problems: You know when you’re trying to do a subtle mascara look and you accidentally get a clump? So then you try and smooth it out and another clump forms? Then, before you know it, you have one big clump of an eyelash and you’re better off just starting over.
4. Hangnail: Okay so this doesn’t just happen to women, but when hangnails happen when you have a manicure it’s tragic.
5. Shaving: That horrible feeling when your fingernail gets nicked on your razor blade while shaving. But this is only one small problem related to shaving.
6. Shaving Cuts: One of the worst things that can happen when shaving is when you accidentally gouge yourself. It doesn’t matter the spot, nothing compares to the sting of a razor cut.
7. Skirt Horror: Has this ever happened to you? You’re walking in public and suddenly someone stops you and awkwardly tells you that your skirt is stuck. It’s at that moment you realize you’ve been walking with half of your behind exposed.
8. Time of the Month Problems: That moment when you think you’re covered to make it through the night, but then when you wake up and look down you realize that you were not as prepared as you thought.
9. Unprepared: Or that awkward moment when you’re out in public or at school/work and mother nature hits, and you realize you forgot to pack supplies. You are then forced to face the decision of asking around or praying the vending machines in a public washroom are stocked.
10. Stuck: The horrid moment when you realize the hair in your private area has gotten stuck to the female product tape. You then sit in the bathroom stall and scream internally as you sort yourself out.
11. Waxing: Isn’t it strange how women actively choose to give their money to strangers to then be subjected to the cruel torture of having hot wax poured onto their body and then ripped off for beauty?
12. Tights: When you’re wearing a fancy dress that requires tights and you can feel them starting slip. Nothing is more uncomfortable than the feeling of the tights slowly drooping down your thighs. Depending on where you are, it isn’t always easy to just yank them back up.
13. Chapped Lips: The moment when your lips are dry and begin to peel so you decide to just tear off a tiny piece and it ends up removing pieces of your actual lips and you’re left with an uncomfortable sting.
14. Hair Trap: That feeling when you try to get out of a car, and your head gets yanked back because your hair is caught in the seat belt.
15. Exposed: When you wrap up a used female product and throw it in the garbage thinking that it’s super discreet, and you come back later to find that it’s somehow unwrapped itself, bearing it’s contents to the world. Or whoever else you live with.
16. Eyelash: Becoming temporarily blinded when an eyelash gets stuck to your eyeball, and you are then forced to touch and poke at your eyeball to remove it, simultaneously ruining your makeup.
17. Hair Where?: That uncomfortable feeling when you find a hair between certain places after a shower and you have to pull it out.
18. Makeup: When you do a good job washing your face and removing your makeup, but somehow in the morning when you rub your eyes there’s still a smudge of black crusted on your eyes.
19. Zippered Dress: The painful moment when you try to zip up a close fitting dress and accidentally zip up your skin.
20. Red Lipstick: Leaving red lipstick in your purse and not realizing until it’s way too late that the lid came off and everything is now stained in a red sticky mess. Even worse is when a tube of red lipstick makes it into the washing machine and your clothing gets wrecked.
21. Blisters: When you drop money on a fancy pair of shoes and finally wear them out, only to realize an hour into your night that the skin from the back of your feet is beginning to rip off and you know a painful blister is in your future.
22. Spills: They say not to cry over spilled milk, but crying over spilled foundation is totally acceptable. There’s nothing worse than hearing the clatter of a foundation bottle hit the ground and then having to clean it up and throw it away.
23. Creeps: Having to deal with older people who think it’s a great idea to chat you up or borderline flirt with you.
24. Text Mishaps: When you accidentally send a text message to the wrong person. Worst case scenario, you’re talking to your bestie about your crush and then accidentally sending it to the crush instead of your friend.
25. Hair Dryer: When your hair gets caught in the back of a dryer. It’s essentially like a black hole for your hair. It gets sucked in and there’s no telling how or when it will come back out. Not to mention it hurts. A lot.
26. Escape: When you’re having an intimate moment with your significant other and you accidentally let some flatulence escape. It’s painfully embarrassing and even worse during these moments.
27. Laddered: When you’re on your way to work or an event and you realize that your tights have split and there’s nothing you can do but hope nobody notices.
28. Eyebrow Pain: Getting your brows waxed or threaded is painful enough. But then there’s the unlucky (but rare) event of losing a piece of skin, and suffering from swelling and redness.