Idols and mentors are important characters to have in one’s life. Whether as a source of motivation or as a destination to attain, everyone should have someone that they look up to and respect. To me, idols are important not because of any physical attribute (looks, money or who they’re with) rather they represent a vision for me. A vision of what to expect when I work hard and stay consistent with my efforts. A vision of where I want to be in 5 years, 10 years or 15 years. But there are times when idols are created or adored solely based on how they look.
These couple of individuals have taken wanting to be their idols a little too literally.
Here are 11 people who have abused plastic surgery in order to resemble their favorite celebrity.
1. When one sibling gets all the love and attention in a family it is hard for the neglected sibling not to fight for attention. But when the whole world only recognizes one and not the other, it’s hard not to want to be just like your (half) sister.
Ashley Horn is Lindsay Lohan’s half-sister (they share the same father). She told In Touch Magazine that in an attempt to look like Lindsay at the height of her career, she would spend over $25,000 on nose jobs and other procedures. She claims that she in no way acts like her half-sister and that she is also prettier.
2. Nicholas Ryan. Nicholas Ryan has spent thousands of dollars trying to emulate Ryan Gosling. He even changed his stage name to Ryan in hopes of looking and resembling a little more like his favorite actor. He has spent over $5,000 on filler injections and Botox.
The aspiring actor also had work done on his whole jaw in order to imitate the prominent jaw line that Gosling obtains. He hopes that by being Ryan’s lookalike it will help him receive more female attention and gain a role in Hollywood.
3. Britney Spears was a huge deal back in the 90’s but to this day there are some women (and some men too) who would go to absurd lengths to look like the pop star.
Crystal U. has gone through breast implants, fat grafts in her cheek, lip fillers and a nose job all in order to look like Britney Spears. She spent over $25,000 on the numerous procedures and hopes to turn a profit by imitating Britney at her stripping job.
4. Octomom or Nadya Suleman is known for having eight children at once. But she is also known for doing all she can to look like Angelina Jolie.
Although she has gone through plastic surgery, Nadya denies changing her appearance to look like Angelina. But her photo shoots speak otherwise. Nadya has emulated Jolie’s Tomb Raider pose and also her leg pose from the 2012 Oscars.
5. Carolyn Anderson wants to do anything she can to emulate the sex symbol of the 90’s. Baywatch star, Pamela Anderson, has many male fans, but Carolyn Anderson may be her biggest fan yet.
Carolyn has spent over $30,000 on 8 breast implants just to look and act more like Pamela. In a tanning accident, one of her breast implants popped leaving her with only one fake breast for a period of over 6 months. And of course, she also legally changed her last name to suit her persona.
6. Identical twin brothers Mike and Matt Schlepp want to look like Hollywood stud Brad Pitt. Each twin has spent just under $30,000 on nose and cheek cosmetic surgery in order to look more like Brad Pitt.
They appeared on MTV’s I Want A Famous Face thinking that by looking like Brad, it would give them a head start on their acting careers.
7. A lot of people have tried to emulate Michael Jackson whether through his dance moves or through his melodic voice. But none do so as well as Mikki Jay. Mikki has reportedly spent nearly $16,000 on chin, nose and cheek surgeries to look like the King of Pop.
She is considered Britain’s first Michael Jackson tribute act and reportedly makes over $250,000 annually as an impersonator. I guess it paid off in the long run.
8. Myla Sinanaj. A lot of girls and young women these days have tried to emulate or look up to Kim Kardashian, but Myla Sinanaj takes the cake. On top of having breast implants, liposuction and some say a butt implant, she’s also dated one of Kim’s exes in NBA player, Kris Humphries.
Although she’s done a lot of work to look like Kim K, she denies liking or being a fan of the ‘reality’ star. The similarities between the two are pretty obvious to the eye, don’t you think?
9. Tobias Sheldon or Toby was a German songwriter who gained the public’s attention for spending over $100,000 to look like Justin Bieber. He became a reality star when he appeared on ‘Botched’ and also ‘My Strange Addiction.’
Some of those expensive operations include, hair transplants, lip fillers, Botox, and liposuction on his chin. He calls himself a ‘master songwriter’ and his dream was to sing a duet with Justin Bieber one day.
But on August 21, 2015, Toby was found dead at a Motel 6 where drugs were discovered at the scene. A coroner’s report revealed that he died of a mixture of drugs that resulted in intoxication.
10. The most extreme makeover on this list may be Jordan Jedlica. He has stated that he wants to be ‘100% plastic.’
His goal is not to emulate a real person like the other individuals on this list; he wants to look like a Ken doll (from Barbie.)
Jedlica claims to be an expert at plastic surgery. If expertise was gained solely on repetition then Jedlica would most certainly qualify. He’s gone under the knife more than 190 times!
Embracing the tag as ‘the biggest plastic surgery addict in the world’, Jedlica has spent over a quarter of a million dollars on the varying procedures!
He has had work done on nearly every part of his body to look a little more plastic and a lot more like Ken.
11. Jordan James Parke, also known as the ‘male Kim Kardashian,’ has stated that his mission is to become the male version of Kim K. The super fan has spent over $150,000 to look like his celebrity idol.
After watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians he became obsessed with becoming Kim.
He admitted that he has limited movement in his face and that his lips are continuously leaking but hopes they will maintain its size and plumpness. Some of these procedures include two nose jobs, a chin implant, nearly 50 lip-filling injections, Botox and eyebrow tattoos.
While the 24 year old has never met the Kardashian family he hopes that his time in Hollywood (and in the public eye) will generate a meet-up. He says that the operations and plastic surgery ‘will never end’ and that he is embarking on a lifelong journey.