Have you ever noticed something out of place and then suddenly became obsessed with it? Whether it was a brick out of line or an incomplete pattern, there’s definitely been something that’s made you grind your teeth for no apparent reason. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most uncomfortable things ranging from
- Disturbed Symmetry,
- Weird Patterns,
- Awkward Toilets.
Usually these tiny details go unnoticed but once you see one, it suddenly becomes the most prominent thing.
From shoddy architecture to everyday annoyances, we’re pretty sure some of these things are going to make you so uncomfortable, that you’ll be tempted to look away.
1. This plate of ham isn’t out of focus, it’s just thinly sliced. You can tell by focusing your eyes on the sharp plate and the table, and then looking at the side of the meat to see the several layers. The trick this does to our eyes is aggravating, and it really looks like the ham is blurry.
2. Upon first glance, it looks like this bathroom sink is disgustingly dirty, covered in blotches of mud. But take a closer look and you’ll notice that it’s actually the design. This is definitely not the best choice for a bathroom.
3. Look at this and tell me it doesn’t make you uncomfortable. If I saw this I’d probably grab a hammer and nail and fix it myself. It just looks off.
4. This toilet seat that’s too small for the bowl. To some people, this might be considered first world problems. But honestly, how is a person supposed to use the toilet comfortably when the seat doesn’t fit? Think about it.
5. This ironic fry pan that definitely does allow certain items to stick. There’s nothing more satisfying than pulling a sticker or a label clean off of something, and then there’s the opposite. It’s even worse when there are little sticky patches left behind.
6. This toilet stall out of a nightmare. Talk about lack of privacy. The only place a toilet like this might be appropriate is in a hospital or for someone who needs constant supervision when they go to the bathroom.
8. This unconventional sink is annoying and I’m not even using it. Whoever tries to wash their hands here is most likely going to get splashed when the water hits the edge of the sink, and any more pressure and the water will spill on the floor.
9. This is definitely an accident waiting to happen. McDonald’s and other fast food drink lids are just a flimsy piece of plastic that can come off easily. Whoever is testing fate like this must not care very much about their car.
10. At first glance, this looks like it could be out of a horror movie because it kind of resembles scary spider webs. But upon further examination you’ll see that it’s actually a bunch of tangled electrical cords. We’re not sure which of the two options is worse at this point.
12. The people who were laying these bricks had one job. It’s so hard to imagine what could have possible caused this jarring error to occur.
13. That annoying moment when this happens to your pencil and you end up witting it down to a nub. What’s worse is when the eraser smudges everything instead of actually being functional.
14. Just the thought of tangled headphones is enough to get your blood boiling. It always happens when your iPod has been in your pocket for less than five minutes and then it comes out like this. We’re guessing this guy just didn’t want to spend his entire train ride untangling the headphones, so he decided that this is his life now. It’s so uncomfortable to look at.
16. Whoever this person’s friends are, they suck. Seriously, who cuts pie like this?