Memes really are a wonderful thing. There’s one for every situation and they never fail to cheer a person up or get a laugh out of you. If you don’t know what a meme is, it’s kind of hard to explain, but basically, it’s a viral photo that has some sort of punchline or joke to go with it.
A couple of examples would be the motivational baby, and the unimpressed Disney girl. Familiar with either of those? If not, it’s alright, this listicle is going to give you a pretty good idea of what exactly a meme is.
There are historical memes, and pop culture memes, and some memes that really only make sense to a select few. Regardless of your favorite type of meme, there is definitely at least one of them out there that you can relate to.
Here are 12 of the funniest GIFs from the internet that are bound to make you laugh.
1. I don’t see how the first person could not think that coconuts are sexy, considering they are sometimes worn as undergarments. I bet they do feel pretty dumb now.
2. Oh dear…Well at least the person can admit that they’re a little bit messy. Can you relate to this meme at all?
3. Well, this clearly said ‘Sonic the Hedgehog.’ It looks like this person saw a different message. For some reason, many people on the internet use family lingo within their jokes such as son or dad.
4. Do you get it? At first glance, this kind of looks like a dog’s legs, doesn’t it? Well, it’s actually two rolls of bread wearing socks and shoes. And bread in french is ‘Pain’ hence the pun.
5. Now that would be a pretty confusing description to go by wouldn’t it? Pretty sure this person just turned ‘I am the Walrus’ by the Beatles into a meme. It’s all fine.
6. You’re probably familiar with people on the internet referring to themselves as trash. This is normally when they like an embarrassing movie or show, or obsess over a cartoon or band.
7. Have you ever run into this problem? All you’re trying to do is use a bit of profanity in the text messages you send your friend, but if you do it too quickly this silly error often occurs. Darn auto correct.
8. As a fan of Panic! At The Disco, this one made me chuckle a little bit. It really does seem like an off brand rock band does it not?
9. Well, I guess this is a question that we need to be asking ourselves in 2017. Honestly, with some artists stealing and not crediting music from black artists, perhaps this sandwich could be racist in some way as well.
10. Have you ever felt this stressed out in your life? I definitely have. Sometimes lying down on the floor and yelling is the best way to get out all that pent up energy.
11. Has this ever happened to you? I can’t imagine how humiliating and awkward this would be. People usually take screen shots when they’re mad at someone and want to show their friend, or when they think someone is cute.
12. I mean, he had to have gotten the name somewhere right? This one is pretty funny, but I am pretty sure the nickname comes from his early days training in which he used to go by Rocky Mavia to honor his grandfather, Rocky Johnson.
13. This one is actually pretty hilarious. It combines modern day and ancient time humor to create this hilarious meme.
14. How many of you are still this broke? There was definitely a time in everyone’s life where they were this reliant on their parents. Dark days.
15. This is probably one of the most well-known memes on the internet as well. It’s quite hilarious how often this error occurs when people are making signs for garage sales, or in this case a ‘yard sard.’
Well, there you have it! 16 of the funniest memes found on the internet. Here is the final one and a message that I think we all might need to hear from time to time.