We shouldn’t trust profile pictures. I mean, they may look completely different from how the person actually looks. But you want to make sure it’s perfect! Think about it. It’s the first thing that your friends see, your crush sees, your potential employer sees. There’s a lot of pressure on it.
But it’s important for people to realize that social media shows you things that aren’t necessarily reality. That certainly goes for profile pictures. Most of them are seriously filtered, photoshopped or simply taken at the best possible angle. We really need a reality check.
Well here are 16 girls who have an amazing sense of humor and are confident about how they look that will show you that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Their confidence is showing us that profile pics should not always be trusted. Take a look at these photos and see for yourself!
1. This girl looks beautiful in both of these photos but is still showing that profile pics should not be trusted. It’s all about the angle of the photo. You can make someone believe your body is shaped one way when in reality it’s shaped a completely different way. This is a great reality check for those who are insecure about their bodies.
2. There are two types of photos: one where hair and makeup are done and another where you are makeup free and dressed casually. This girl rocks both looks but still gives us the message that profile pics should not be trusted. Makeup does wonders in changing the way your face looks, so if you are feeling insecure about yourself when looking at people’s photos, just remember that!
3. Learning how to take the perfect photo takes practice. Getting that perfect smile takes time and patience. This girl shows that you can’t trust profile pictures. She took a photo where she shows the perfect smile and another photo that you would only send to your best friend.
4. These two photos are only a few second apart, but shows how you can go from being sexy to goofy real quick. People, you can’t trust the profile pics where the person is overly posing. Remember, they probably don’t walk around looking like that on a regular basis. There’s nothing wrong with being silly and funny! This girl looks just as a great in both of these photos.
5. Thick girls are getting a ton of attention nowadays, but this girl is showing that it’s all about the angle when taking the perfect photos. How you position yourself can completely change the way you look in a photo. That’s why you shouldn’t turn to social media to figure out how your body NEEDS to look like. Don’t trust profile pictures.
6. It’s a fact that the photos your crush sees and the snaps you send to your friends will be completely different. Regardless, this girl looks pretty in both of these photos but it goes to show that facial expressions are everything. It’s very important to be aware of this…as much as possible.
7. This girl is beautiful no matter what the photo is, but she sure knows how to glam up and pose in a photo. She’s extremely photogenic. But it’s important to note that getting to know your perfect angles and which features to show off does wonders for a photo. That’s why it’s difficult to trust profile pictures.
8. The photo on the left looks like a professional photo that was taken for a magazine or something! While the right one is the same girl in her natural habitat. Both photos are great, but it is a reality check to be cautious when trusting profile pictures. You just never know.
9. This girl has gorgeous red hair and piercing blue eyes. The photo on the left tells us that she’s a sophisticated kind of girl, who takes care of herself and makes sure her appearance is in tip-top shape. The right photo? Well, that one is totally relatable.
10. Taking photos with “nerdy” glasses seems to be a trend that’s happening for profile pictures these days. This girl is the perfect example of the meme “get you a girl who can do both”. She looks great with or without makeup, but again…profile pics should not be trusted.
11. If you know how to look pretty while being goofy at the same time, that takes some serious skills. There’s no denying that this girl knows how to take a gorgeous photo but she also knows how to take a silly one while looking pretty at the same time.
12. You gotta admit, it takes a ton of confidence to post photos where you just weren’t prepared to be photographed. It’s important to remember that most flattering photos are all about the angle, but that also goes for most unflattering photos. Honestly, profile pictures should not be trusted. Ever.
13. Alright, this photo is another example why profile pictures should not be trusted. For one thing, the nice photo has those snapchat filters on them, which we all know changes up our faces. The more silly photo on the right is the completely wrong angle. We all would look like that if we had our phones under our chin.
14. I said it once, and I’ll say it again: makeup makes a huge difference in someone’s face. Though there is no drastic change between these two photos, the first photo is all of us ready for a night out and the second photo is when we just want to have a night in, get under the blankets and watch a chick flick.
15. Again, profile pictures should not be trusted. The second photo looks nothing like the girl in the first photo. She sure has a ton of confidence sharing it with everyone on the internet, and we appreciate her for doing that. It really gives an important reality check for young women and men everywhere.
16. This girl is beautiful, thick and confident. It doesn’t matter what photo she’s in, or how she is posing. She could be sitting down, holding a glass in her hands, or standing up and doing a funny face…she still looks gorgeous either way! Be confident in your own skin and your photo will always come out great!