There are lots of different ways to test your intelligence and challenge yourself, and one of the best ways to do this is with riddles. Riddles are also a fun way to test your ability to think outside of the box. Are you a fan of riddles? Do you like putting your brain and your intelligence to the test to really challenge yourself? Do you think you can outwit the average person?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, check out these tricky riddles and see if you’re as smart as you think you are.
Here are 10 hilarious riddles that will challenge and amaze you.
1. Here’s the first riddle, let’s see what you’ve got: What seven letter word contains thousands of letters? Take your time to think about this riddle, it’s actually a lot easier than it sounds.
Answer: If you’re thinking about something that can physically hold letters, you’re on the right track. The answer is…a mailbox!
2. On to the next one! What is big and yellow and comes in the morning, to brighten mom’s day? Could it be the sun?
Answer: The yolk on a nice sunny side up egg? If you’ve given up by now, here’s the answer. It’s a school bus!
3. Here’s the next riddle: The more of these you take, the more you leave behind. What am I? Really challenge yourself and take a moment to think about this one.
Answer: The answer to this riddle is footsteps. Think about it…the more footsteps you take, the more you leave behind. Makes total sense, right?
4. Okay, here’s the next riddle: I don’t have eyes, but once I did see. Once I had thoughts, but now I’m white and empty.
Answer: The answer to this riddle is skull. How many have you gotten right so far? Keep reading for some more challenging riddles.
5. Moving on! Here’s the next question: You will always find me in the past. I can be created in the present, but the future can never taint me. What am I?
Answer: If you’re having trouble with this one, think about what the past is made of, and what tends to repeat itself quite often. Something that the future will never be able to change. If you’ve given up, the answer is history.
6. Question: This next riddle might be a little tricky. What belongs to you but others use it more than you do?
Answer: If you’ve been contemplating what on earth could belong to you but is used more than others, here’s the answer: your name.
7. On to the next riddle: What is harder to catch the faster you run? If you’re a runner or just altogether an active person, you should get this one right away.
Answer: If you haven’t gotten it by now, here it is. The answer is breath. If it took you an unusual amount of time to try to figure that one out, maybe you should try exercising more often.
8. Next riddle: What flies, but doesn’t have any wings? I’ll give you a hint…it is not an animal or a bug or any kind of living organism.
Answer: If that hint didn’t help you at all, here’s the answer. Time flies without wings! Are you smacking your head yet?
9. You’re doing great so far! Here’s the next one: I repeat only the last word you say. The more I repeat, the softer I get. I cannot be seen but can be heard. What am I?
Answer: With a little bit of thinking, this one is actually pretty easy. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’ll give you the answer. The answer is: An echo.
10. Alright, here’s the final riddle for you: feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die. What am I?
The answer to the final riddle on this list is: fire! How did you do?