Last month was the annual Trooping the Color Parade, which is the official celebration of the Queen’s Birthday. This year she turned 91, and the parade gives her the opportunity to inspect soldiers from the Household Division.
The parade features colorful pageantry, with 1400 officers and men, 200 horses, and 400 musicians from 10 different bands.
The Queen always attends to give her salute as a part of a ceremony that has been going on for many years.
This year, when the Queen arrived to stand among the other members of the royal family, it was someone else who stole the show. Little George and Charlotte’s reaction to the events were just too cute. You have to see the photos!
1. Dressed in red, several men and soldiers march in the parade in celebration of the Queen’s birthday which they celebrated on June 17th this year.
2. Several citizens turn up to watch the events. It’s also televised live by the BBC from 10 am.
3. The Queen arrives by carriage, although she used to arrive on horseback. She’s accompanied by a Sovereign’s Escort from the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment.
4. When she arrives to take the royal salute, she also gets to inspect the troops wearing traditional and ceremonial red tunics and bearskin hats.
5. This year the Queen arrived dressed in a powder-blue outfit by Stewart Parvin and a matching hat designed by Philip Somerville.
6. Here, The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Duke of Kent are watching the regiments perform the trooping, which demonstrates the discipline of the British Army.
7. Other members of the Royal Family attended The Trooping at Horse Guards Parade including The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Cambridge.
8. Here’s a photo of the whole Royal Family during this year’s Trooping the Color parade. But you have to get a closer look at George and Charlotte.
9. The two youngest royals totally stole the show with their excitement and bewilderment at the festivities.
10. They were totally in awe of the 1,400 officers, 200 horses, as well as fighter jets zooming overhead the parade.
11. Too cute! They literally look like they can’t believe their eyes. Also doesn’t George look just like his Dad?
12. Clearly, this year’s Trooping the Color Parade was a hit for the small Royals! I bet they’re already counting down the days until next year.