For those of us who own pets, we can’t help but treat them like they’re humans. I mean, they are basically part of the family, so how could you not treat them like they are human beings, right? Only pet owners will understand where I’m coming from.
We love our pets, and they love us too, even though cats look like they hate your guts. Then there are times when our pets love us a little TOO much. If someone else comes into the picture, like a friend or a partner, they will do everything they can to make sure they aren’t replaced. They definitely aren’t shy to do it either.
Here are 24 photos that Reddit users have posted of their jealous pets. It just goes to show that if you aren’t careful, your pet can possibly steal your significant other. The photos are pretty hilarious.
1. Here’s the first photo. This guy’s girlfriend had a pretty cozy nap, don’t you think? He wrote, “my prairie dog and girlfriend asleep” (johnsie07). We’d keep an eye out on that adorable fellow, don’t let that sweet face or tiny size fool you. It’s all part of his plan to get the girl…or remove her from the equation.
2. “My cat is in love with my boyfriend. She glares every time I try to sit next to him. He didn’t believe me, so I took a picture” (ssdshannonmarie). Either that’s the cat’s natural facial expression towards everything, or he is actually going to punch anyone out who goes near this guy. I’d watch out.
3. “Trying to enjoy my coffee and cuddles with boyfriend, the dog starts nudging and yipping until I move. Immediately takes my spot and gives me this look” (HellaClassy). This dog is trying to make sure that this boyfriend becomes single as soon as possible. That facial expression says it all. Sneaky. Real Sneaky.
4. “My girlfriend took this photo of me and my jealous bitch of a dog” (jordendsampson). This dog is giving off some serious sassy glares. Anyone can see that side eye from a mile away. I don’t think this girlfriend is going to stand a chance with this pup. I would start couple’s therapy sooner rather than later.
5. “My boyfriend and our cat are close. Too close?” (kwpotato). This photo is pure couple goals. I bet this boyfriend’s partner is feeling a little intimidated by this adorable cat. But just like the previous photos, I wouldn’t let this adorable, innocent face fool anyone. This kitty is on a mission. A mission to get rid of the partner. Watch out!
6. Not sure if this dog belongs to the guy or the girl, but this dog is so territorial of the girl. Her boyfriend was trying to give her a cute kiss, and that dog ran faster to her than he probably would have when seeing a piece of chicken laying around. This guy has his work cut out for him…the dog does not mess around. Not at all.
7. “No matter where my husband falls asleep my cat finds him and naps with him” (mdemouli). Okay, that’s actually pretty adorable. Having a cat show any sign of pure love and affection is noteworthy. This cat is proof that they do have feelings and emotions just like dogs do. Maybe not to the same extent, but they still do!
8. “My friend’s dog is jealous of his girlfriend” (sombrabrz). This dog isn’t shy about protecting its territory. No cute smiles, no adorable snuggles. This dog gets right to business. Hopefully, this girl’s face wasn’t hurt too much. Wonder how that relationship ended. All I have to say is…mission accomplished. Poor girl. Savage dog.
9. “Came back to bed to find this thief stole my boyfriend” (Unknown). It’s almost like this dog knows exactly what it’s doing, and is trying to rub it in the other person’s face. Like “Ya, I stole your man, I’m happy about it, what you going to do about it?”. They look so adorable though…uh oh!
10. “She loves reminding me I’m basically my husband’s side chick” (DeniseGrace). If you seem to forget who the boss in the household is, or who owns who, this cat has no problem reminding this partner. She has this guy completely wrapped around her finger…and he’s so oblivious.
11. “Took my girlfriend’s dog to the park. I think she likes me” (98ej8). That is the look of pure love. It’s smart that this guy decided to get on his girlfriend’s dog’s good side. I mean, this may cause issues now that the dog is in love with him, but totally worth it right?
12. “I told my boyfriend the new puppy wasn’t allowed on the bed. Boyfriend chose puppy” (shockhead). Okay, the puppy definitely won this battle. He has the boyfriend completely wrapped around his finger. The partner needs to seriously watch out.
13. These guys look like they are having the best cuddles ever. The girlfriend probably feels so left out, but the cat literally does not care. The Reddit user wrote, “This is how I find my kitten and my boyfriend every morning” (hippielovin). But this kitten does look adorable, so I don’t blame him.
14. This kitten is absolutely obsessed with the boyfriend and is not afraid to let the partner know who exactly he belongs to. It’s a really cute photo, but kind of creepy as well if you look at it long enough. “The new kitten has developed quite the attachment to my boyfriend” (lilredheadxo).
15. All I have to say is, mission accomplished puppy…mission accomplished. The way this dog looks at this boyfriend is how a lot of girls wish their crushes looked at them. This Reddit user wrote, “the way my girlfriend’s dog looks at me melts my heart” (icantdiesowhydontyou). This photo is the epitome of couple goals. Really cute.
16. This dog will absolutely have no problem getting in your face if you mess with this man’s wife. It’s a hilarious photo. His eyes speak a thousand words. “How my dog looks at me when he’s in bed with my wife. Same look every time” (Plaguerages). Don’t. Mess. With. Him.
17. “Left for work, forgot the phone. 10 minutes later, and this b**** is already in bed with my boyfriend” (i_love_bits). This dog is smart. It knows that the partner leaves for work every morning, so it waits patiently. Once the partner leaves, this dog makes its move and cuddles up with the boyfriend. Smart cookie…really smart.
18. “My wife took a pic apparently this is how we sleep” (Larsenator). This cat has this man wrapped around its finger. Not only does it get to have a serious cuddle sesh with this husband, but it manages to get the wife to take a photo of them while it’s happening. The cat has its owner under its control. Don’t know whether it’s a smart cat….or just pure evil!
19. This dog and owner look like they are completely inseparable. They even have their own unique way of positioning themselves when they hang out. The Reddit user wrote, “found my boyfriend and dog taking a nap like this” (milky_moo_cow). This dog is so adorable, I would totally be okay if they “stole” my partner’s attention. I don’t blame them.
20. Ruby doesn’t mess around. If she sees something or someone she likes, she goes for it. “Throw back Thursday to that time Ruby tried to steal my man. That face though” (kswizzard). The look on this dog’s face shows that she knows exactly what she’s doing, and she has no problem letting the girlfriend know that that man is Ruby’s. Back off.
21. “I feel like i’m interrupting something here…” (termytwo). This looks like a situation where you walk into someone doing something they shouldn’t be doing and they play it off super cool. The guy in the photo just thinks it’s adorable, the dog, however, looks really annoyed that the girlfriend interrupted their cuddle session.
22. “My cat has a habit of sleeping on my boyfriend’s face in the middle of the night. This is what I wake up to every morning” (vloss). This cat literally doesn’t care if the boyfriend is uncomfortable or if the girlfriend is uncomfortable. It’s basically doing whatever makes the cat feel comfortable. The kitty looks like it’s in complete happiness exactly where it is.
23. “I think our dog is trying to pull a Brian Griffin with my wife” (schowey). That’s honestly the perfect analogy. Brian Griffin is a dog from Family Guy and he’s completely obsessed with his owner (the wife). The dog in this photo looks like a guy who’s sweeping in to steal someone else’s girl. It has no shame whatsoever and probably loves the fact that a photo is being taken.
24. “I send my girlfriend pictures like this to make her jealous” (Gilmowy). Jealous of the dog or of the boyfriend? In any case, the dog is probably loving spending one on one time with the boyfriend. I’d be careful taking photos like that…it may lead the dog on and make him think he can take the girlfriend’s place. Never play with someone’s emotions!